JRPGs

pensils
Go to solution Solved by Vitalius,

What are some good JRPG's out there?

I know, Final Fantasy might be the best out there. I have it in my list. Even Agarest. What else? Doesn't require to be on steam though :)

Thanks!  

• To the Moon

Short 4 hour indie game that has a story that can make you cry.

• Last Dream

A throw back to the older JRPGs like the original Final Fantasy.

• One Way Heroics

Interesting game that you can play/beat in one sitting, but come back to for great replayability.

• Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

You manage an item shop to pay back your debt to a fairy, add in some dungeon crawling and this game is a must buy imo.

• The Ys Series

Haven't played it yet (stupid steam sales), but it looks like a good, highly rated, JRPG series.

• Valkyria Chronicles

Very unique and awesome AAA game. Don't be afraid of it being a console port. It's actually very well done.

I highly recommend everything on this list aside from Ys (since I haven't played it yet).

I know, Final Fantasy might be the best out there. I have it in my list. Even Agarest. What else? Doesn't require to be on steam though :)

Thanks!  

Thanks!  

• To the Moon

• Last Dream

• One Way Heroics

Interesting game that you can play/beat in one sitting, but come back to for great replayability.

You manage an item shop to pay back your debt to a fairy, add in some dungeon crawling and this game is a must buy imo.

• The Ys Series

Haven't played it yet (stupid steam sales), but it looks like a good, highly rated, JRPG series.

• Valkyria Chronicles

Very unique and awesome AAA game. Don't be afraid of it being a console port. It's actually very well done.

I highly recommend everything on this list aside from Ys (since I haven't played it yet).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

• To the Moon

• Last Dream

• One Way Heroics

• The Ys Series

• Valkyria Chronicles

Nice. Thanks! I'll try to buy all of 'em. You've played them right? 

Nice. Thanks! I'll try to buy all of 'em. You've played them right? 

All of them but Ys.

• To the Moon made me cry and I gift it as much as possible every steam sale. 
  • Last Dream lived up to my expectations for a good Final Fantasy-like game. It's RPG Maker, but it's good RPG Maker.
  • One Way Heroics has a cool system. It's hard to explain concisely. Watch a video on it, but I really enjoy it.
  • Recettear was a game I played multiple times because it was so fun. I love this game. 
  • Valkyria Chronicles' interesting hybrid turn based/real time system was great. The story was fun. 

I recommend watching the Valkyria Chronicles anime (if you are into anime) because it was a good anime.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.