Black colour pixilation

PcAaron

Hi, i have a benq XL2411z gaming monitor which is high end but it seems that the black colours are fadey in games and when i watch netflix it is pixilated, would love some help

thanks

Hi, i have a benq XL2411z gaming monitor which is high end but it seems that the black colours are fadey in games and when i watch netflix it is pixilated, would love some help

thanks

The problems with Netflix are related to how much the stream is compressed. Depending on your internet connection  Netflix will serve you a higher or lower quality video. Nothing to do ith your monitor.

As for black being "fadey" it's just one of the downsides of TN panels, there's not much that you can do about it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The problems with Netflix are related to how much the stream is compressed. Depending on your internet connection Netflix will serve you a higher or lower quality video. Nothing to do ith your monitor.

As for black being "fadey" it's just one of the downsides of TN panels, there's not much that you can do about it.

My minitor isnt a TN panel i dont think

My minitor isnt a TN panel i dont think

I'm pretty sure it is, otherwise it wouldn't have 1ms response times. There's an easy test though, try looking at it from below, if it's TN you'll notice it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

thanks

It's a TN, that's what's causing the colour shift.

That's the payoff to getting 1ms (grey to grey) response times

image from http://benq.co.uk/product/monitor/xl2411z/specifications

post-65471-0-03238600-1420995832_thumb.p