Google Nexus 5 vs LG G3

GusBus

Hello humble LTT community!

I am currently facing the dilemma of buying a new phone since my LG Optimus L9's microphone ceased to work last week.

Out of all of the phones available to me right now, I believe the Google Nexus 5 and the LG G3 to be the two phones I like the best.

As I will probably end up rooting the device, I don't mind the UIs.

TL;DR Which phone should I buy and why? (Or suggest a phone that you believe to be preferable)

Thanks in advance  :D

Here, have a cookie

LG G3 is a solid choice, i would like it my self but i still have my good old iphone 3g ;/ 

I would buy the Nexus 5.

I have been using a LG Optimus 2x for a couple of years now, and the UI does not supprise me. It is laggy, even on the newer phones.

With the Nexus 5, you get a pure Android experience and frequent updates(something i did not get with my phone, which was a flagship-phone for LG years ago)

i woad go wight the lg g3 since it has better camera and a speaker and screen

Yup.

Also, isnt battery life better on lg g3 ? Look at that because nexus 5 could really use a bigger battery.... I own one, can get through the day okay.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I would buy the Nexus 5.

I have been using a LG Optimus 2x for a couple of years now, and the UI does not supprise me. It is laggy, even on the newer phones.

With the Nexus 5, you get a pure Android experience and frequent updates(something i did not get with my phone, which was a flagship-phone for LG years ago)

the G3 has a very different UI than your phone. heck its much different than the G2 too(but the G2 will get the new G3 UI with the lollipop update) .

i like the G3 UI. 

yes with the lg nexus 5 you get pure android but also lacks all the cool G3 features. much like when you compare the stupid nexus 6 with the note 4

--

OP, ofc the G3 is a better phone but why do you compare them? you should compare it with the G2 they came out about the same time

even the LG G2 is a lot better phone than the nexus 5. almost double battery life,much better camera,better screen(contrast and 0.2'' bigger) + more features like the IR blaster, double tap to lock/unlock, qslide for multitasking,wireless storage etc

so the G3 is a no-brainer

Edited by s3ns3

yes with the lg nexus 5 you get pure android but also lacks all the cool G3 features. much like when you compare the stupid nexus 6 with the note 4

--

OP, ofc the G3 is a better phone but why do you compare them? you should compare it with the G2 they came out about the same time

so the G3 is a no-brainer

Because u cant get g2 anymore, its hard to find it for good price. Nexus 5 is easier to get.

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Because u cant get g2 anymore, its hard to find it for good price. Nexus 5 is easier to get.

all the big shops has it in stock and its cheaper than nexus

all the big shops has it in stock and its cheaper than nexus

Damn murica. Here in EU u are lucky to find one. But as mentioned the lg g3 is better in many ways. And OP is DECIDING between these two, not comparing them for a review.