Port forwarding will not work

I set up a minecraft server on my friends computer and everything works locally, however when i try connect from home it doesn't work!

i have tried everything i could think of multiple times and still cant figure it out

He is running windows 8 if that matters and has a Telstra TG799 router, he is also running kaspersky antivirus

things i have tried:

port forwarding the router

setting a static ip for the pc

opening ports in the fire wall

disabling firewall

disabling kaspersky 

copying the settings i used to port forward my server

cpu: 3570k cooler: H100i m/b: Asus Maximus V Formula ram: 16gb Corsair Vengeance gpu: Asus Nvidia GTX 680 DCUII ssd: Samsung 840 pro hdd: WD Black 2tb case: CMStorm Stryker psu:  Corsair AX860 

Have you opened the ports on the modem as well?

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

yeah 

Have you opened the ports on the modem as well?

yeah ive done everything the same on his as is on mine and mine works fine but his just doesn't want to work :/

cpu: 3570k cooler: H100i m/b: Asus Maximus V Formula ram: 16gb Corsair Vengeance gpu: Asus Nvidia GTX 680 DCUII ssd: Samsung 840 pro hdd: WD Black 2tb case: CMStorm Stryker psu:  Corsair AX860 

> make sure you are connecting to the domain IP, not the IPv4 or v6 Address (i.e. 192.168.x.x)

> make sure you are allowing the minecraft application through the windows firewall, and make sure you haven't blocked it in any way

> make sure you are allowing the minecraft application through kaspersky's firewall. I've never used this anti-virus so I dont know how to do that, or if it even blocks them in the first place.

> make sure you are forwarding the right ports, and make sure they are on the right protocol (TCP, UDP). Im sure minecraft is 25565 or something like that?

>make sure you are running the same version of minecraft

TO TROUBLESHOOT

> try connecting to the server locally through your global IP. The one you get from going onto google and typing "my ip". this is to make sure that it is not a bug or problem with any software are hardware related issues that might be caused by the PC itself.

> If you can connect through this IP, then it may be caused by the router not letting certain people connecting, and may even be a problem with the target computer that you are trying to connect to the server, and might even be a case with the port forwarding, or lack thereof.

> If you CANNOT connect through the IP, then it is a case of bad port forwarding, or bad application blocking via the firewall.

If you found my post helpful make sure to press the "Like This" Button  ;)

http://www.canyouseeme.org/ Does that say port 25565 is closed?

Your ISP might be double NAT'ing you, which causes problems with port forwarding.

Double NAT is used by ISP's due to the lack of IPV4 addresses. The only way to get around it, is by getting a static address from them (which normally costs some money each month)

The alternative would be to use something like Hamachi, to create a virtual private network (Making you and your friends PC's think they're on the same local network) https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/

> make sure you are connecting to the domain IP, not the IPv4 or v6 Address (i.e. 192.168.x.x)

> make sure you are allowing the minecraft application through the windows firewall, and make sure you haven't blocked it in any way

> make sure you are allowing the minecraft application through kaspersky's firewall. I've never used this anti-virus so I dont know how to do that, or if it even blocks them in the first place.

> make sure you are forwarding the right ports, and make sure they are on the right protocol (TCP, UDP). Im sure minecraft is 25565 or something like that?

>make sure you are running the same version of minecraft

TO TROUBLESHOOT

> try connecting to the server locally through your global IP. The one you get from going onto google and typing "my ip". this is to make sure that it is not a bug or problem with any software are hardware related issues that might be caused by the PC itself.

> If you can connect through this IP, then it may be caused by the router not letting certain people connecting, and may even be a problem with the target computer that you are trying to connect to the server, and might even be a case with the port forwarding, or lack thereof.

> If you CANNOT connect through the IP, then it is a case of bad port forwarding, or bad application blocking via the firewall.

im pretty sire there is a firewall blocking something somewhere but idk what it is i have enabled everything i can think of and even disabled it and i have triple checked the router port forward and the static ip settings, ive never had trouble like this before, i can connect locally through typing 10.0.0.110 but not through the domain ip 

im pretty sire there is a firewall blocking something somewhere but idk what it is i have enabled everything i can think of and even disabled it and i have triple checked the router port forward and the static ip settings, ive never had trouble like this before, i can connect locally through typing 10.0.0.110 but not through the domain ip 

Yeah there's definitely something blocking your network. turn things off one at a time to see what it is specifically, don't just try it all at once willy nilly, because if it persists you'll have to do it all again, and rather than identifying the problem you'll just make it longer and more frustrating.

If you found my post helpful make sure to press the "Like This" Button  ;)

http://www.canyouseeme.org/ Does that say port 25565 is closed?

Your ISP might be double NAT'ing you, which causes problems with port forwarding.

Double NAT is used by ISP's due to the lack of IPV4 addresses. The only way to get around it, is by getting a static address from them (which normally costs some money each month)

The alternative would be to use something like Hamachi, to create a virtual private network (Making you and your friends PC's think they're on the same local network) https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/

we have tried using hamachi before but the program is hopeless, it adds so much connection lag it becomes impossible to play, as for the double NAT'ing, im not sure if that is a problem in my friends case but the ip only changes when u restart your router, which while testing we didn't do i have tried to fix the issue in person and through teamviewer and neither have worked successfully 

Yeah there's definitely something blocking your network. turn things off one at a time to see what it is specifically, don't just try it all at once willy nilly, because if it persists you'll have to do it all again, and rather than identifying the problem you'll just make it longer and more frustrating.

the problem is i have tried turning things like virus protection and firewall off and it still doesnt work and im out of ideas as to what could cause the problem