suddenly bad wireless connection

FuzzyYellow

hey guys, so i had my wireless adapter in my old pc, and i had a decent connection to that PC. I moved my new PC to the same exact spot, installed the drivers for the wireless adapter, at put the wireless adapter in, and i cannot get a decent wireless connection. sometimes it says i have a great connection, other times it wont let me connect at all, or it will lose connection. latency is also way higher. any solutions? 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Since it's intermittent it may be due to electromagnetic interference. What type of wireless adapter is it?

Do the classic resetting of everything (power off/on the WiFi access point and your device). That is a common fix for weak/weird wifi issues. If that doesn't do it you'll have to determine if its just your device or something else. Maybe the WiFi router has some issue, if other devices are connecting fine then its your PC. Maybe someone/something is doing something to weaken the signal at certain times, not on purpose but just what ever they're doing is interfering, maybe something you're doing.

If you have a smartphone install the app named, WiFi Analyzer, you can use it to see where the signal is strong/weak and what the best channel your wifi router should be on for best performance, maybe another router's signal is conflicting/overlapping causing the disconnect. Pretty cool tool actually, there are others as well but this one is rather simple and quick to the answer.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

It might be due to interference. If you have an android device you can download some wifi strength app and test it when you're experiencing the high latency.

Ok, i tried restarting the router and the pc, and it didn't help. I am also typing this in an ipad right next to the pc in question with no connection issues whatsoever.

I cant download wifi any liner because there aren't any android devices in the house right now. :(

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

Also, right now the pc is not connected, but the ipad sitting directly on top of the pc case is connected with full bars.

@prolemur

@IdeaStormer

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

fixed the issue. i just plugged the adapter into a different USB port. talk about a weird issue xD

thanks for all the help guys. ;)

@IdeaStormer

@prolemur

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler