Upgrading keyboards

Tek_Addict

I currently have a Microsoft Sidewinder X6 keyboard just wondering what sort of keyboard to upgrade to any help would be much appreciated.

Whats your budget? if you can afford it a mechanical keyboard is a great investment

give a man a gun he robs a bank, give a man a bank he robs the world

What exactly are you looking for? We need some additional information in order to help you.

Without really having any information, I'd suggest either a CM Storm Quickfire Rapid or a Rosewill RK-9000, with Cherry MX Browns in both cases. Both being the best entry-level mechanical keyboards, with Cherry Browns typically being considered the best beginner switch.

Without really having any information' date=' I'd suggest either a CM Storm Quickfire Rapid or a Rosewill RK-9000, with Cherry MX Browns in both cases. Both being the best entry-level mechanical keyboards, with Cherry Browns typically being considered the best beginner switch.[/quote']

Yup. The CM Storm Quickfire Rapid seem to be today's mainstream solution in terms of mechanical keyboards. We can tell you lots about the various switches but in the end you're the one using it everyday. Many people who start using mechanicals, start with blues because they're the most common one.

I have been looking at mechanical keyboards the Cm Storm i have a budget of $100 - 200 , preferably i would prefer a something quieter that what i have now back light colors i am not to worried about doesn't have to have a number pad but not to worried if it does.

I too am in the market for a new keyboard, with brown switches. I have found what I wanted but cannot find a seller for the CM storm quickfire TK w/Browns.

So, I'm suggesting the Quickfire TK w/reds since you want a quieter keyboard...I've been looking for an hour for a Quickfire TK with Brown switches.

CM storm trigger with mx brown switches is a good choice and it has numpad and backlit switches

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

The CM quickfire TK browns are great, all mechanical keyboards are not that quiet but your best bet is to go for brown switches as they are the quieter of the group and they provide tactile feedback

Good Morning...

I too am in the market for a new keyboard, with brown switches. I have found what I wanted but cannot find a seller for the CM storm quickfire TK w/Browns.

So, I'm suggesting the Quickfire TK w/reds since you want a quieter keyboard...I've been looking for an hour for a Quickfire TK with Brown switches.

Quickfire TK with browns isn't out yet, but soon. I think I predicted "within a month" just under a week ago, so...a little over 3 weeks. :P

I have been looking at mechanical keyboards the Cm Storm i have a budget of $100 - 200 , preferably i would prefer a something quieter that what i have now back light colors i am not to worried about doesn't have to have a number pad but not to worried if it does.
So wait, what keyboard do you have now, and is your preference with or without a number pad?

The CM quickfire TK browns are great, all mechanical keyboards are not that quiet but your best bet is to go for brown switches as they are the quieter of the group and they provide tactile feedback
Well linear switches (black/reds) are obviously quieter, but otherwise...yeah.

Thanks for all the help fellas will defiantly look at getting the CM Storm Quickfire Rapid with brown switches and i have a Microsoft Sidewinder X6 keyboard at the moment.

CM storm trigger with mx brown switches is a good choice and it has numpad and backlit switches
oh forgot to mention that you can add a 5v adapter to the keyboard in order to give adequate power for the usb hubs on your keyboard which is a very good thing

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

suggestion:

CM quickfire /quickfire pro

CM storm

Logitech G710+ (brown only)