weird headphone buzzing sound.

ignorethisone

Hi guys! I have recently put together a PC. I have a Gigabyte z97x-gaming 3 motherboard, gtx 970, and nzxt h440 case. When I plug my headphones into the nzxt h440 case in the front there is no annoying buzzing sounds. WHen I plug in my heaphones to the "line out" port at the rear io (where the motherboard manuel recommends me to becuase it has some amplifying function), I get a weird buzzign sounds. Music and things sitll play, but when I turn the music off I can hear it. My headphones are audiotechnica mth50x, but the noise is still present with other headphones, so I dont think they are the problem.

One interesting thing I noticed was that If I Unplug my keyboard (corsair k70 mx brown red led, IT IS REFURBISHED), the noise goes away COMPLEATLY! So I think the keyboard might be the problem.

Has anyone had the same problem? Is there a way to fix this? Should I try to RMA the keyboard?

Is your PC directly plugged into a power socket, or is it on a power strip or something? If its on a power strip you should plug it directly into the wall. 

Is your PC directly plugged into a power socket, or is it on a power strip or something? If its on a power strip you should plug it directly into the wall. 

It is currently plugged into this: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000HPV3RW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

I will plug it into the wall to see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Hi guys! I have recently put together a PC. I have a Gigabyte z97x-gaming 3 motherboard, gtx 970, and nzxt h440 case. When I plug my headphones into the nzxt h440 case in the front there is no annoying buzzing sounds. WHen I plug in my heaphones to the "line out" port at the rear io (where the motherboard manuel recommends me to becuase it has some amplifying function), I get a weird buzzign sounds. Music and things sitll play, but when I turn the music off I can hear it. My headphones are audiotechnica mth50x, but the noise is still present with other headphones, so I dont think they are the problem.

One interesting thing I noticed was that If I Unplug my keyboard (corsair k70 mx brown red led, IT IS REFURBISHED), the noise goes away COMPLEATLY! So I think the keyboard might be the problem.

Has anyone had the same problem? Is there a way to fix this? Should I try to RMA the keyboard?

the usb could just be interfering with the audio signal? most liky it's not the keyboard just the port

the usb could just be interfering with the audio signal? most liky it's not the keyboard just the port

I unplugged the keyboard and plugged it into the front USB ports, and there was no noise while they were unplugged, but it came back when i put them in the front ports. I tried using other USB devices in all the ports, and none of them seem to make any noise or interfer with the audio signal.

For now i am using my front headphone jack, but I would prefer to use the one of the back if it is true that it has some "amplifying function" that the front one does now (as the manual claims).

Sounds like you're experiencing electrical noise from your motherboard.

I reckon you need a on desktop DAC, or an audio card.

That will eliminate the electrical interference from the mobo.

Sounds like you're experiencing electrical noise from you motherboard.

I reckon you need a on desktop DAC, or an audio card.

That will eliminate the electrical interference from the mobo.

Thanks! Is there any you can recommend for me? I use mostly my headphones (audiotechnica mth50x) and don't want to spend over $150. I am thinking about buying some desktop speakers soon, depending on how much money i use in school.

Thanks! Is there any you can recommend for me? I use mostly my headphones (audiotechnica mth50x) and don't want to spend over $150. I am thinking about buying some desktop speakers soon, depending on how much money i use in school.

I personally am not sure on that topic.

I haven't needed to buy my own, only troubleshoot other peoples issues.

What I would recommend is making another thread 'Best Under $100 DAC/Audio Cards' and get the opinions of people that have more experience.

Best of luck, I hope it all works out.