PBT worth it?

Robi_g

I'm thinking of getting some PBT keycaps but they're so expensive (the ducky laser engraved ones). Does anyone here have a set that they can tell me about, I'd go on Geekhack but I get the feeling that they're biased towards it.

Alternatively I could spend £15 less and get some double shot ABS ones.

It's highly subjective question. A lot like the question "Which switch is the best?".

I know that some people swear by PBT keycaps. I myself have only limited use of them, bought a set for a friend who needed new keycaps. So I only used them myself for about half an hour or so. What I can say from my initial impressions is this;

They feel a lot more solid over normal ABS keycaps. That by itself probably doesn't say much, but I don't know how to explain it. The overall texture of the keycaps feel a little bit rougher, but in a good way.

I might actually have to get a second set of PBT keycaps for myself later. Will have to see what Ducky will come out with, though.

It's highly subjective question. A lot like the question "Which switch is the best?".

I know that some people swear by PBT keycaps. I myself have only limited use of them, bought a set for a friend who needed new keycaps. So I only used them myself for about half an hour or so. What I can say from my initial impressions is this;

They feel a lot more solid over normal ABS keycaps. That by itself probably doesn't say much, but I don't know how to explain it. The overall texture of the keycaps feel a little bit rougher, but in a good way.

I might actually have to get a second set of PBT keycaps for myself later. Will have to see what Ducky will come out with, though.

Thanks, I knew how futile asking the question was, but sometimes you can sort of work it out from how someone describes the feeling.

I'll probably get a set anyway.

Thanks, I knew how futile asking the question was, but sometimes you can sort of work it out from how someone describes the feeling.

I'll probably get a set anyway.

The only issue I have is what coloration I want. Green/White, or Grey/Blue. And if I want dyesub, engraved, or blank :(

I would love for more colorations to be available for the Nordic layout. But I'll just have to keep my eye out for new ones.