Shopping for a new Power Supply

Hello all! And happy new year!

I'm interested in some Power supply suggestions. I've been terrible at picking them out so far, so I wanted to turn to the community for help. I'm looking for a power supply that is going to grow with my computer. Right now, my specs are pretty normal and I don't need a high power rated PSU. But I am planning big upgrades this year. I want to run two GTX 970's in SLI. I want to water cool my whole system, including the graphics cards. I am overclocked right now to 4.4 ghz, but would like to push it further once water cooled. I plan to run a custom loop when I'm ready and I'm planning to use the MCP655 pump. Not only because Linus suggests it, but also because I really like how it looks. Even a laymen can tell it's a water pump just by looking at it. Finally, I want to add some LED strips to show off my completed build.

I've done some shopping around and pretty much every PSU I can find is well within my price range, so whatever you got, I would like to hear your suggestions. The most important things in a PSU for me is how quiet it can be, how energy efficient it is, and that it must be fully modular. At least 80 plus gold for efficiency.

Optionally, I would like to be able to use these replacement cables. This pretty much limits me to Seasonic, EVGA and Corsair HXi and AXi, but those are good names in PSU's, I do believe, and I would love to have this clean look in my case.

Thanks for your help! Have a nice day!

Your attitude determines 100% of your life's outcomes. Bad Attitude, bad life. Great attitude, great life.

If you are doing all that awesome stuff, you might as well get a decent power supply.  I'd recommend a Corsair HXi / HX series, they have.. I think 7 year warranties which is bloody amazing, really nicely built, great quality caps (Not sure, have not looked, they may be Nichicon).

That is me personally.  The Wattage, eh maybe 750 if you really want to go hard and pack your system.  I wouldn't go over that.

Seasonic X series, or the G2 variants from EVGA. 

Alright, I was curious so I did some research into the PSU Components of the HXi, and I am quite impressed. Rubycon capacitors, and most of the other devices are Infineon.  

Alright, I was curious so I did some research into the PSU Components of the HXi, and I am quite impressed. Rubycon capacitors, and most of the other devices are Infineon.  

I'm also quite impressed. I think we found our winner. Unless there's some reason to go with the AXi series instead??

Seasonic X series, or the G2 variants from EVGA. 

Any specific reason why not corsair? Just curious if you have had bad experiences.

Your attitude determines 100% of your life's outcomes. Bad Attitude, bad life. Great attitude, great life.

I'm also quite impressed. I think we found our winner. Unless there's some reason to go with the AXi series instead??

Any specific reason why not corsair? Just curious if you have had bad experiences.

Quality products. But the Corsair AXi you mention is also good. 

I guess I just have a personal preference for Seasonic, and EVGA products.

I looked on some forums and I am not really sure what the advantage would be, other than the offering of much higher voltages.  There appears to be some difference in how the power delivery works, but honestly HX is designed for workstations and other reliable PCs, so I'm not sure there is much of an advantage for the higher price.  

EVGA Supernova G2 has a 10 year warranty. It is also made by Superflower who are a better OEM than CWT. You also get full Japanese caps with the EVGA as well.

The EVGA is also a lot cheaper than the Corsair HXi.

The 850W version is currently $109.99 after rebate - http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20850xr

The 750W is $108.99 - http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20750xr

Corsair HXi 750W is $169.99 - http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cp9020072