ram speeds

i am starting a new build the motherboard is the:

ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 LGA 1155 SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 Supported Intel P67 DDR3 1800 ATX Motherboard

i want to use this ram kit: 

Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866 MHZ (PC3 15000) Desktop Memory

[ I7-4770K ][ Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H ][ Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb ][ Corsair Carbide 300R ][ Corsair HX850 ][ Gigabyte Gtx 770 ]

[ Samsung 840 Series 500gb SSD ][ Bitfenix Spectre Pro (Blue LED) + Bitfenix Recon Fan Controller ]

i am starting a new build the motherboard is the:

ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 LGA 1155 SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 Supported Intel P67 DDR3 1800 ATX Motherboard

i want to use this ram kit: 

Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866 MHZ (PC3 15000) Desktop Memory

and the question is? :P

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

If your chip will support the speeds, no problem.

The board should handle it.

You really don't need the extra RAM speed, as unless you're using an APU, the cost of getting higher speeds outweighs the performance you get back. 

You really don't need the extra RAM speed, as unless you're using an APU, the cost of getting higher speeds outweighs the performance you get back. 

well he doesn't need dominator platinums either,and for the cost of dominator platinums he could get 2400mhz memory,not that his board could use it.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

well he doesn't need dominator platinums either,and for the cost of dominator platinums he could get 2400mhz memory,not that his board could use it.

i want platinums, i need them. they are sexy. 

[ I7-4770K ][ Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H ][ Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb ][ Corsair Carbide 300R ][ Corsair HX850 ][ Gigabyte Gtx 770 ]

[ Samsung 840 Series 500gb SSD ][ Bitfenix Spectre Pro (Blue LED) + Bitfenix Recon Fan Controller ]

I'm glad you agree with me  :D

you love platinums too :D are you running them now?

you love platinums too :D are you running them now?

no, I meant I'm glad you agree with me that you don't need them lol

Linus Sebastian said:

no, I meant I'm glad you agree with me that you don't need them lol

they are sexy and i do need them

Get cheaper ram and grab a Z77 board?

It amuses me how some people go overkill on certain parts of their system. If you are on a budget, make sure to make an overall balanced system. If you have endless amounts of money, go for the platinums. Otherwise I would seriously laugh at your priorities.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

they are sexy and i do need them

and yet, and I quote,

i want platinums
Linus Sebastian said:

Get cheaper ram and grab a Z77 board?

It amuses me how some people go overkill on certain parts of their system. If you are on a budget, make sure to make an overall balanced system. If you have endless amounts of money, go for the platinums. Otherwise I would seriously laugh at your priorities.

im keeping the dominators, but i replaced it with the z77 board.