how is the AMD A10-5800K as just a cpu?

jdmilion

Is the AMD A10-5800K any good for just being a cpu and not using the integrated graphics? Are there better cpus for this price or cheaper?

What function will the computer be serving?

Mostly gaming and media only. I will probably have a gtx760 graphics card in the future. I was wondering because i was going to use its integrated for a while until i got enough money for a dedicated graphics card and then use it as only a CPU.

Mostly gaming and media only. I will probably have a gtx760 graphics card in the future. I was wondering because i was going to use its integrated for a while until i got enough money for a dedicated graphics card and then use it as only a CPU.

I'd go for the A10-7850K. Much better value for the dollar.

I've got a 5800k in my media pc. Its not that bad for light gaming as I use steam big picture and controller based games (which are less demanding than other games). A GTX 760 would spank my dual graphics config with an HD 6670 1gb.

As I dont 'recommend' an older CPU, if you can find one for less than $80 and you're on a budget you won't be disappointed.

• 2 months later...

I Use The 5800k With a His 7750 is runs awesome for me granted im running osx on mine but other than the minor issue with it being a hackintosh it just plows throw anything i ask it to do no hang time at all

"Attitude is everything.  It motivates action, which increases productivity and improves morale, which perpetuates a positive attitude."  - - Robert Urich