Kingston V300 120GB - New Model/Firmware Revision?

T Unit959

I'll start off saying I am well aware of the whole bait and switch situation regarding this drive. However, this seems to be with a different version of the drive that shipped with certain firmware revisions.

Anyways, two days ago on Black Friday (boxing day god I mix those up so much), I bought one of these drives on sale from Canada Computers who had them on sale for $60. I was in the middle of building an HTPC and saw them on sale, so I bought one. I got talking with a friend about the sale, where he mentions the scandal around this drive. I decided to do a test with CrystalDiskMark on the drive, but the results seems more in line with the reviews published when the drive first went on sale. For reference, this drive came with the firmware revision 580ABBF0, whereas the affected drives are shipped with 521A. My results are below and if there's any other tests I should run on the drive, let me know and I'll try them out.

http://i.imgur.com/sMBZ17V.jpg?1

(If I can figure out spoilers I'll put the image in the text under that.)

Mods, if this belongs somewhere else or if there's a thread already, show me the way and lock this please.

Yup same thing happened to me a few months back. The drive i got was equivalent to the hyper x series. Pretty sure they fixed their problems but people on this forum will never forgive them it seems.

Yup same thing happened to me a few months back. The drive i got was equivalent to the hyper x series. Pretty sure they fixed their problems but people on this forum will never forgive them it seems.

If they fixed it they should have called it v301, because now it looks like they might be selling some golden eggs between the crapped over ones.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Good to hear. It was amazing bang for a buck before they fu**ed it up.

I am sorry for my english.

If they fixed it they should have called it v301, because now it looks like they might be selling some golden eggs between the crapped over ones.

There must be a lot of golden eggs then. I ordered 3 drives for Christmas and all of them were getting the same benchmark numbers.