Need help quick with BSOD

ZakGray
Go to solution Solved by Robin88,

To fix the Windows is not genuine problem, follow these instructions below.

1. Open Windows Activation by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, right-clicking Computer, clicking Properties, and then clicking Activate Windows now.‌
2. Click Show me other ways to activate.

3. Type your Windows 7 product key, and then click Next.

4. Click Use the automated phone system. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

5. Click the location nearest you from the drop-down list, and then click Next.

6. Call one of the available phone numbers listed. An automated system will guide you through the activation process.

7. When prompted, enter the installation ID that's listed on your screen into your phone's keypad.

8. Write down the confirmation ID that the phone system gives you.

9. Type the confirmation ID into the space provided under Step 3 in the activation dialog, click Next, and then follow the instructions.

10. If activation isn't successful, stay on the line to be transferred to a customer service representative who can assist you.

If your version of Windows was a genuine copy, then this will work first time and you won't have any problems, but if your Windows install wasn't genuine to begin with then you'll simply have to buy a genuine copy.

But you really should have done a clean install, because as Jellepepe says, Windows really does not like new Mobo's, as it assumes it's being used on two systems at once. However, it's absolutely fine with CPU upgrades as long as it uses the same motherboard.

The HDD was and still is fine, but it's because you didn't reinstall, and the system environment changed so drastically when you switched to a new Mobo that Windows couldn't load at all until you performed a System Recovery, which checked what had changed and compensated for it by loading new drivers.

Hi guys,

Ok so yesterday I built my first proper computer. (Ive changed bits and pieces out before) Everything seemed to be in working order; motherboard light and system turned on but whenever I tried to get into windows I would just get a blue screen with an error message and then my computer would restart. 

My specs: 

AMD FX 8350 black edition(stock speed)

ASUS M5A 78L-M motherboard

Corsair CX 600 PSU

MSI GTX 970

1x4GB Kingston HyperX Blu

The 970, Ram and hard drive were used in a previous system

To fix the issue I tried: 

Replacing the ram.

Replacing the GPU twice

Replacing the CPU 

Start up repair. 

Flashing the bios.

Is it possible that i may have damaged the motherboard? I scraped it and touched it a few times accidentally but nothing Major. Note: All old parts were working before installing them into the new system.

Here is the stop code: oxoooooo7B (0xFFFFF880009A97E8, 0XFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0X0000000000000000,0X000000000000000)

Edited by ZakGray

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 Ghz OC'ed to 3.4,  Asus M2N 32-SLI Wi-Fi Deluxe ,  MSI GTX 670 OC Power Edition 2 gig , Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler,

2GB x 4 OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Platinum 8GB Edition Dual Channel,  Rosewill Hive 650 Watt Semi modular, Win 7 Ultimate  64bit

I've done a quick search for the BSOD that you're getting, and it sounds like an inaccessable boot device.

A few questions, have you installed Windows and then changed the SATA ports from IDE to AHCI or vice versa? Was the Windows install a fresh install or was it done on a different system and then transferred into the new system? And have you changed anything else about the BIOS/UEFI configuration since installing Windows?

First thing I would do is check in the BIOS to see if your hard drive is correctly recognised, which I assume it is because Windows is attempting to boot, but is giving a Stop error before it can fully load.

Second thing I would do is check to see what mode your SATA ports are in, and change it to one of the other options and see if you can boot (My intuition is telling me that this is your issue)

And finally if none of these things work, I would pull the drive and put it into a different system and attempt to run chkdsk /f from a command prompt to see if the drive has any problems, if you can't do this, then download and burn a live CD of a linux distro and see if the drive is accessable from within Linux.

And if Windows was installed on a different PC and the hard drive transferred to the new one, then you'll have to do a fresh install, and there's no other way around it.

CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz | MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz | GPU: XFX DD R9 390 | Case: Fractal Design Define S | Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Click here to help feed our lasses Pokemon

As Robin88 said that code is indeed an Inaccessible Boot Device. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559218(v=vs.85).aspx

Make sure the SATA connector is plugged in all the way and that it is not coming loose for whatever reason.

As he stated, make sure you haven't made and changes to the SATA mode in the BIOS. If you installed under AHCI BIOS needs to read as AHCI, and visa versa with IDE (although you should really be under AHCI anymore these days anyway). 

If you are running windows 8 make check your BIOS. It's going to have either Secure Boot Enabled and UEFI as the boot mode or it will have Secure Boot Disabled, Legacy Mode Enabled, and Legact/CSM as the boot mode. 

IF you installed under secure boot that is what the BIOS needs to stay UNLESS you are trying to boot from a flash drive (then you switch to legacy). But if you installed under legacy then THAT is what the BIOS needs to say. http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/17058-secure-boot-enable-disable-uefi.html

Intel Core i7-4790k | 16GB HyperX Fury | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW

The work you do while you procrastinate is probably the work you should be doing for the rest of your life. -Jessica Hische

Thank you guys for all your suggestions. I managed to fix the issue by doing a system recovery but unfortunately now I do not have a genuine copy of windows. I still have no idea what caused the issue because the HDD was running perfectly the morning before I installed it.

Thank you guys for all your suggestions. I managed to fix the issue by doing a system recovery but unfortunately now I do not have a genuine copy of windows. I still have no idea what caused the issue because the HDD was running perfectly the morning before I installed it.

did you reinstall windows when getting the new machine? if not, thats why its no longer genuine (windows doesn't like you switching mobo/cpu) this may also have been your original problem as the drive might have some conflicting drivers installed or whatever..

1. Open Windows Activation by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, right-clicking Computer, clicking Properties, and then clicking Activate Windows now.‌

4. Click Use the automated phone system. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

6. Call one of the available phone numbers listed. An automated system will guide you through the activation process.

7. When prompted, enter the installation ID that's listed on your screen into your phone's keypad.

9. Type the confirmation ID into the space provided under Step 3 in the activation dialog, click Next, and then follow the instructions.

10. If activation isn't successful, stay on the line to be transferred to a customer service representative who can assist you.

If your version of Windows was a genuine copy, then this will work first time and you won't have any problems, but if your Windows install wasn't genuine to begin with then you'll simply have to buy a genuine copy.

But you really should have done a clean install, because as Jellepepe says, Windows really does not like new Mobo's, as it assumes it's being used on two systems at once. However, it's absolutely fine with CPU upgrades as long as it uses the same motherboard.

The HDD was and still is fine, but it's because you didn't reinstall, and the system environment changed so drastically when you switched to a new Mobo that Windows couldn't load at all until you performed a System Recovery, which checked what had changed and compensated for it by loading new drivers.

CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz | MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz | GPU: XFX DD R9 390 | Case: Fractal Design Define S | Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Click here to help feed our lasses Pokemon

Thank you this was very useful for understanding why this happened. I had to buy a new copy of windows because I had lost the old product key and disc.