Good gaming mouse?

FruitBasketSilex
Go to solution Solved by Jerakl,

G502.

/thread

I'm looking for a good gaming mouse, mostly in terms of FPS games, as I play a lot of csgo. Main things I'm looking for are

-sexyness

-no mouse acceleration

-wired is fine, but wired/wireless is a plus as I Dont always play shooters and I like the ability to have no wires

Basically that would be the criteria, no more than 120$ USD, though. Thank you in advance for the help.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

G502.

/thread

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

What does /thread mean?

Let me take a quick look at the g502, any info to back up your selection?

I've been looking at the Razer deathadder.

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

G502.

/thread

idk g402 is cheaper I would personally get the 402 but here are other stuff I would get

- Steelseries Rival

- Corsair m45/Sabre Optical

- Razer Deathadder

idk g402 is cheaper I would personally get the 402 but here are other stuff I would get

- Steelseries Rival

- Corsair m45/Sabre Optical

- Razer Deathadder

He has a 120USD budget. G502 is 80. 

Since I started using the 502 I recommend it day and night.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

He has a 120USD budget. G502 is 80.

Since I started using the 502 I recommend it day and night.

Is there anything the g502 has over the deathadder I Dont like to many buttons, as I Dont end up using most of them, 3-4 is about my limit. (Excluding the l/r mouse buttons and scroll wheel of course)

Spoiler

What does /thread mean?

The best mouse is what feels best in your hand.

The g502 is a great mouse and I highly recommend it(I own one), but try to get your hands on a couple mice before making your decision.

As for the deathadder, its a great mouse but many people have had issues with the reliability/build quality.

Edit: Mionix Naos 5000/7000 are really great too. Have a look at the zowie mice as well.

Is there anything the g502 has over the deathadder I Dont like to many buttons, as I Dont end up using most of them, 3-4 is about my limit. (Excluding the l/r mouse buttons and scroll wheel of course)

It has 4 or 5. 2 of which you can completely ignore because they're not in your way or anything. The others are very ergonomic and go with the shape of the mouse.

That and the sensor on it is amazing.

What does /thread mean?

it basically means the thread is over.. trying to say that is the ideal mouse :P

The best mouse is what feels best in your hand.

The g502 is a great mouse and I highly recommend it(I own one), but try to get your hands on a couple mice before making your decision.

As for the deathadder, its a great mouse but many people have had issues with the reliability/build quality.

I may go with the deathadder, I like razers products, I have Razer Electra's, and I've had two nagas, the molten edition which lasted me a year, but died due to a defect. I bought another when they fixed it and I loved it. I Dont typically have problems with Razer. Is there anything the g502 has over the deathadder?

Spoiler

I may go with the deathadder, I like razers products, I have Razer Electra's, and I've had two nagas, the molten edition which lasted me a year, but died due to a defect. I bought another when they fixed it and I loved it. I Dont typically have problems with Razer. Is there anything the g502 has over the deathadder?

A wonderful hassle free warranty. The only reason I have Logitech peripherals is because of the warranty.

Sadly Razer cant offer you that. At least in my experience.

A wonderful hassle free warranty. The only reason I have Logitech peripherals is because of the warranty.

Sadly Razer cant offer you that. At least in my experience.

How is the driver for the g502? The only problem I've had with razers driver is the freakin surround, sometimes windows just doesn't want to let it do its thing.

Spoiler

How is the driver for the g502? The only problem I've had with razers driver is the freakin surround, sometimes windows just doesn't want to let it do its thing.

Logitech has the best drivers IMO. They are very mature and have many features.

The surround issue wouldn't be remedied by buying a Logitech mouse. The issue is from your headset and the Razer driver.

Logitech has the best drivers IMO. They are very mature and have many features.

The surround issue wouldn't be remedied by buying a Logitech mouse. The issue is from your headset and the Razer driver.

Haha. I didn't mean it that way. I know that's chalked up to Razer surround itself. I'm just wondering if the driver has any funky bugs like that or things I'll have to work around.

Spoiler

I'll do some tossing around in my head between the g502 and the deathadder thank you guys for your help

Spoiler

Haha. I didn't mean it that way. I know that's chalked up to Razer surround itself. I'm just wondering if the driver has any funky bugs like that or things I'll have to work around.

Yeah I can get the driver to crash every once in a while. I have different profiles for various programs and switching between programs quickly sometimes causes the driver to crash or hang.

Only bug I can think of is a bug with League of Legends and the software. The software forgets where the exe is located after you update the game client.

What does /thread mean?

/thread means that the person is trying to say that they could end the thread there.

Kinda like code tags:

[b]this text is bolded[/b]

this text is bolded

Sig under construction.

Many people feel like the 502 is a bit heavy for certain FPS like CS:GO even with all the weights removed, however, this is highly dependent on the sensitivity you use (Low sens = better with low weight). The sensor in this mouse is definitely good.

The only three mouse brands i personally can recommend and feel confident in are Logitech, Mionix, and Zowie (ONLY the FK1).

I think the Zowie FK1 is worth a look if you think the shape would be comfortable for you. Make sure you order through Amazon so you can return it easily, there was a bad batch with scroll wheel issues recently that SEEM to be cleared up. Otherwise this mouse is lightweight, nearly flawless sensor with no perceptible acceleration, flexible cable, NO SOFTWARE!!! just plug and play, nice firm clicks, super clean, no bull.