negotiation with terrorists

I know what countries say - that they don't negotiate with terrorists - but its hyperbole!

Its CRITICAL to talk to you enemies, its CRITICAL  to have back channels,

why do you think organisations like the CIA, MI6, CSIS, DCRI etc etc exist?

for a full list see here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_intelligence_agencies

The US and the UK ended up torturing people because they wouldn't talk to terrorists

it is very very rare for a war to be won outright, normally a solution is negotiated,

and that's done by talking to the other side in the conflict

I live in Great Britain - I grew up with bombs and shootings being a daily occurrence,

when 777 happened, unlike the US reaction to 911,

the UK's reaction was to shrug our shoulders and get move on

the reaction in the papers was all about:

how we must built better links with people who would do such a thing

rather than the US policy of a witch hunt

The civil war in northern Ireland is now over,

but it only happened because both sides were prepared to talk to the terrorists - the other side

Oh and ignoring a subject and leaving it in the dark will leave it to fester - better to expose it to the natural light

Leadership is about taking the hard decisions - doing all the shit jobs that nobody else will do,

And staring into the abyss try to spot what is coming our way!

its 2.30 am here and my brain is crashing and so to sleep

kate

snip

"why do you think organisations like the CIA, MI6, CSIS, DCRI etc etc exist?"

They exist for the purpose of intelligence gathering to gain an advantage over our enemies, not for negotiations.

"The US and the UK ended up torturing people because they wouldn't talk to terrorists"

No we ended up torturing people because they would not talk to us, if the terrorists in question were to divulge the required information torture would not have been necessary. (Id like to say here that I in no way support torture as a means of intelligence gathering).

"it is very very rare for a war to be won outright, normally a solution is negotiated,"

While a war is rarely won outright, peace can only be achieved if both sides are willing to negotiate. Terrorists are very unwilling to do so, they would rather use force and the threat of force to coerce another group of people to comply with their wishes. 

Your logic is based on the assumption that the terrorists are willing to negotiate, this is something they at this point in time are not willing to do.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

i used to think that our governments were idiots for just out right no negotiations. but look at a country like Pakistan, stuck right in the middle of the war against terror. they negotiated with terrorists labeling some terrorists as good and some as bad. now look what that has gotten them, a massive tragedy that left 137 children dead from a school. after hearing news about how bad Newtown was in the states, its very heart breaking to hear a tragedy like that. that is why i think you should not negotiate with them. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

why do you

like to

press enter

after every set

of words which happens

to make reading much

more difficult?

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

ok so i seem to be awake at the moment - may i suggest that you do some studies of the civil war that happened in the UK for many years

First by the IRA and then later carried on by the Provos.  In time the original IRA eventually came to be know as the Irish Army,

whilst the provos, who fought an ongoing terrorist campaign for years are now in government,

with ex-commanding officers of the provisional IRA now deputy chief minister

perhaps you never heard this simple rule of thumb

were freedom fighters, your guerilla, they’re terrorists

What make the US different from say Libya - both called each other terrorist nations. 

Isis/Isil have set up a new caliphate and chosen to ignore the borders set down by a bunch of European nations a 100 years ago.

Personalty I suspect isis/isil will implode in less than a year - i certainly hope so - as they are trying to do yet another cambodia year zero

But where did the leaders of the cambodia revolution first learn the ideas that lead death camps and killing fields:

in French universities where stupid philosophers posited the idea that:

one could lead to the success of the proletariat through the "liquidation" of the bourgeois and the petite- bourgeois 

You talk about terrorists suggests, that the last time people had absolute power over you was when you were a small child

Trust me when no matter what you do, no mater what you say, no one listens and everyone expects you to go back to being in effect their slave

That disagreeing with 'your masters' is an example of not willing to talk and to understand how you are wrong and they are right

In that context some people fight back, some people having tried talking, tried getting people to listen, and always being beaten back down by your masters and their guns

pick up the guns and fight back - want to see an example of this in action - go watch the last two plane of the apes films (i can't watch them myself - it kicks of my PTSD)

By the way the reason I know some of what I speak about but this is an open space and I think Linus et al are trying to keep this PG13.

They don't want a graphic novel, and the novel of my life is pretty graphic

Why am i saying this to you is that i hope that you will go and do some learning rather than repeating the easy truisms of people who have always had power and choice

and obviously I hope that what happened to me - never happens to you!

I known enough friends and countrymen take their lives because they could no longer stand the burden of the pain of life,

I hope you never reach a point when death is the aching warmth than is offered that will stop the bitter burning numbing cold 

too often in my life I have warmed my hands on deaths door - from the warmth and safety of the space inside and that in my death the pain will no longer reach me.

Sorry linus et al please delete/edit anything that is considered inappropriate

why do you

like to

press enter

after every set

of words which happens

to make reading much

more difficult?

because i have dyslexia amongst a whole bunch of other neurological disorders other issues and it helps me to be able to read back what I am saying. I can write long form, it just takes me longer to make sure that I am keep a thread going. I developed the technique as a tool when I was working on my PhD, once I had got the text into shape, then I could consternate it and re-write it for readability. But your right I can see that it would be annoying  

After the school masscare pakistan decided to hang those who attacked thier country but gave bail to 26/11 mumbai attacks mastermind the same day..... Pakistan government is run by terrorists....

i didnt touch up on the after effects. i was trying to state how they just cant be trusted. and yes pakistan is very retarded right now they just gotta get on with their lives and have to realize that its not the 40's anymore and that india has other things to do rather than worry about kashmir and stuff. its not that hard to let the kashmir region to vote on who they should be apart of. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Pakistan tries to mess with india again and bam!!! Pakistan would be nothing but a peice of flat land.... The goverment before used to tolerate incrusions etc but the new pm mr.modi won't, no way pakistan is gonna get kashmir,its about time pakistam learns a lesson

i wouldnt want there to be a war. but pakistan needs their heads out of there asses

If you see the history,there has been war with pakistan so many times,and now pakistan has allied with china,china has started incrusions in kashmir from their side.... And us is jumping in the situation to aid india.... There shouldn't be a war but,somehow pakistan needs to be thought a lesson

they just need a better leader. i dont think the country should be taught a lesson, but the people in the chairs should be.

I think it actually depends on the terrorists. If their mission it's to kill all of x people then nothing to negotiate. If their mission it's to ultimately reach x objective, it's certainly possible

-------

Current Rig

-------