Games freeze with white squares

Hello everyone, here's my problem. A little while ago I started playing Skyrim, and of course, I right away installed some graphics mods. But after some time of playing, the game would freeze and i would get some buzzing sound or the sound would continue to play but the game would be frozen and I couldnt ctrl alt delete out, or do anything. Sometimes the game would recover, other times it would not. So, I uninstalled the mods, and the white squares never returned.

Recently, I have been playing DayZ and the problem has reoccurred

IMG 6420

Here are my specs:

Windows 8.1 64 bit
i5 4690k
8gb 2133 ddr3 memory
Thermaltake 750w psu

Zotac GTX 970

Also, an error here's an error message I just got after DayZ froze

"Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 344.75 stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

Edit: This white square freezing glitch also seems to start happening after I open my inventory, or something like that in both Skyrim and DayZ

post-166542-0-42602200-1419704062_thumb.

You may need to RMA your gpu. Try some GPU stress testing utility and see if the same problem occurs

"like if you could buy two Xbox Ones, put them togheter and actually play games at 1080P! Ha! BURN"

-Linus

Couple things this could be. First check for overheating components especially the GPU. (You can use a program like hardware monitor or msi afterburner for that) If there are no heat issues try doing a clean install of the nvidia driver (it is an option under advanced options when installing) Then if that also fails get back to us.

you can try under clocking the graphics cards ram and processor by 100-200. see what happens. looks like a bad card.

Couple things this could be. First check for overheating components especially the GPU. (You can use a program like hardware monitor or msi afterburner for that) If there are no heat issues try doing a clean install of the nvidia driver (it is an option under advanced options when installing) Then if that also fails get back to us.

You may need to RMA your gpu. Try some GPU stress testing utility and see if the same problem occurs

Ok, so i've been monitoring my temps and everything seems to be fine there. I also ran furmarks stress test and temps maxed out at 80. I did a clean install of the nvidia driver, and still getting the problem

the ram's probably shot. did you try under clocking? about the only option you have.