Folding@Home stability test?

Go to solution Solved by Kayn,

So i heard, that if you ran folding@home for a week, it would show any stability issues. Is it true? I want to make sure that 1500mhz on the gpu is stable, but waiting one week is alot. I am running a gtx970

Using F@H to validate a GPU overclock would be a terrible idea. 

and a week long stability test is way to long at most it should be a day if not a couple of hours using games, benchmark and (for me) youtube videos.

So i heard, that if you ran folding@home for a week, it would show any stability issues. Is it true? I want to make sure that 1500mhz on the gpu is stable, but waiting one week is alot. I am running a gtx970

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Using F@H to validate a GPU overclock would be a terrible idea. 

and a week long stability test is way to long at most it should be a day if not a couple of hours using games, benchmark and (for me) youtube videos.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I'll link to where i saw the thing. just give me a sec

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278025-gtx-970-overclocking/

"-OPTINAL, YET HIGHLY RECOMMENDED PART- Your final OC might not *actually* be stable, you just don't know it. After all, you only ran 3 programs, and not every single thing out there. So a way to test further, is to use other benchmarks, for example. But my best suggestion is to install Folding@Home, and let your PC on 24/7 during one week. You can use it as normal, just leave it folding: this will put stress in CPU and GPU at once, and for much longer periods of time then those you used during tune, and you'll also help the world in the process. Lastly, create a .txt file and put it into the Startup folder in windows, so that if the computer crashes and restarts while you are not looking, you'll know that it happened."

Yeah for CPU it will probably work since the actual work that you're doing with it is generally fine with a CPU, but with a GPU F@H does not like GPU overclocks that much and will fail the work unit that you're doing and will not tell you anything about a stable overclock or not. 

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Well, thanks for explaining that :)

Saved me a week of not using the computer for whatever reason.