Do I have to upgrade?

Aetherslime

I have two Msi 760 2gb from befor and played FarCry 4 this year. My computer didn't preform as well as i thought it would, of course at really high graphics(1080p Ultra-Nvidia settings). Is the problem the vram? or bottleneck? I have a i7477k. My question is if I should upgrade, or if there is other problems like bad monitor or something.

If I upgrade I am going to go for the Msi 900 series. I want to ask what the best card would be compared to price.

Here are the prices in Norway(where I'm from):

760:268 USD

970:482 USD

980:670 USD

If I upgrade I would like to sell my 760s at half price if not less. Do people buy used GPUs?

By the way, when I was playing FC4 it was stuttering allot. That might be b/c of my monitor. It's a Tv, Philips 32". I think 60hz. There was some really bad screen tear and worse. At one pint there was two whole frames on screen, one at like half opacity. Would it be better if i just bought a better monitor?

I wouldn't upgrade just yet. Keep that SLI configuration and get a better monitor, not a TV :D

FYI, 760SLI beats out a single 780, but some games don't support SLI... Still, that SLI is pretty good, just get a better monitor :)

I wouldn't upgrade just yet. Keep that SLI configuration and get a better monitor, not a TV :D

FYI, 760SLI beats out a single 780, but some games don't support SLI... Still, that SLI is pretty good, just get a better monitor :)

Thanks for the answer :D I have bin getting pretty bad answers to this question. I think It would be kind of stupid to buy a new GPU this early. Do you have any recommendations for a monitor for around 400 bucks?

I have two Msi 760 2gb from befor and played FarCry 4 this year. My computer didn't preform as well as i thought it would, of course at really high graphics(1080p Ultra-Nvidia settings). Is the problem the vram? or bottleneck? I have a i7477k. My question is if I should upgrade, or if there is other problems like bad monitor or something.

If I upgrade I am going to go for the Msi 900 series. I want to ask what the best card would be compared to price.

Here are the prices in Norway(where I'm from):

760:268 USD

970:482 USD

980:670 USD

If I upgrade I would like to sell my 760s at half price if not less. Do people buy used GPUs?

By the way, when I was playing FC4 it was stuttering allot. That might be b/c of my monitor. It's a Tv, Philips 32". I think 60hz. There was some really bad screen tear and worse. At one pint there was two whole frames on screen, one at like half opacity. Would it be better if i just bought a better monitor?

If you're going to buy a gpu and you can wait it might be better to buy one when the new amd gpu's come out. Since nvidia and amd will start their battle again then and prices will probably drop.

I am looking at amazon how do you feel about these; http://www.amazon.com/HP-32-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor-Quad-HD/dp/B00NNQGHXC/ref=sr_1_15?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1419675632&sr=1-15&keywords=monitor 380usd, http://www.amazon.com/VS278Q-P-Ultrafast-27-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B009HNEBLK/ref=sr_1_23?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1419675632&sr=1-23&keywords=monitor, http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-Gaming-Monitor-RL2455HM-24-Inch/dp/B007HSKSMI/ref=sr_1_42?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1419676911&sr=1-42&keywords=monitor

PC  Specs 2022:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen R9 5900x @ 5.1GHz - Auto OC
  • Curve Optimizer Magnitude: -20
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX x570-F Gaming
  • RAM
                                        Kingston Fury 32GB DDR4 3200MHz 16x2GB
  • GPU
    MSI 3070 8GB Ventus 2x OC
  • Case
    LIAN LI LANCOOL MESH II Mesh RGB Black
  • Storage
    Kingston NV1 2TB M.2. NVMe
  • PSU
    Seasonic Focus GX 850w 
  • Display(s)
    MSI OPTIX MAG 251RX IPS 240hz & ASUS MG248Q Vertical 144hz & Dell 60hz
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken x73 360mm
  • Keyboard
    Tt eSports Meka G1
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro Wireless
  • Operating System
    -Windows 10 Professional 64bit

Stuttering is an all too common result of poor SLI support/optimization in games, but that's not to say your display isn't part of the problem. In terms of raw power, a single 980 wouldn't be much of an upgrade from your current setup. Keep in mind, however, that most games lately are not supporting SLI out of the box and some even months after release. At the end of the day I wouldn't base an upgrade off of a single title, and I genuinely do not recommend using TVs as monitors, because the quality generally isn't there.

Main System: [Windows 10 Pro] [Core i7 5960x] [Asus Rampage V Extreme] [32GB 2400mhz G.Skill Value] [Corsair AX1200] [RXT 2080 Super] [Corsair H100i] [Thermaltake Core P3]

Thanks for the answer :D I have bin getting pretty bad answers to this question. I think It would be kind of stupid to buy a new GPU this early. Do you have any recommendations for a monitor for around 400 bucks?

asus vg248qe is great, 1080x1920 144hz 1ms response, 24in screen, costs about 340-350usd in sweden.

Cpu: Intel i7-5930k Mobo: Asus Rampage V Extreme Ram: G.skill Ripjaws 4 4x4gb 2666mhz Gpu: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming 
PSU: Evga Supernova G2 850W Storage: Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512gb Case: Phanteks P400S CPUcooler: Corsair H110 OS: Win 8.1

Stuttering is an all too common result of poor SLI support/optimization in games, but that's not to say your display isn't part of the problem. In terms of raw power, a single 980 wouldn't be much of an upgrade from your current setup. Keep in mind, however, that most games lately are not supporting SLI out of the box and some even months after release. At the end of the day I wouldn't base an upgrade off of a single title, and I genuinely do not recommend using TVs as monitors, because the quality generally isn't there.

Well I'd recommend to you to buy a current GPU SLI and see for yourself... your statement is totally wrong. SLI profiles are available for pretty much every game that is released these days. And it isn't really hard to tweak the nVidia control panel to activate the second or all cards you have. Every AAA title has CF and SLI profiles. And micro stuttering is completely gone. I can't even see it with my 3way GTX980 SLI.

Sure that TV thing... a TV has usually a TN panel and has more input lag than a good monitor. But to recommend a GTX760 SLI over a highend single card... a single GTX980 eats a GTX760 SLI for breakfast.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling