Good headphones?

Electronix

Hey Linus Tech Tips,

I have been consulting this community about what would be a good option for a gaming headset and many of you suggest that I purchase an Ant Lion Mod Mic with a good pair of headphones since it appears to be evident that gaming headsets aren't the best accessories in the world. I want to know what your suggestions for a good pair of headphones would be. My price range is no higher than $500. 

CPU: Core i7 4770k, RAM: 8GB DDR3 GSkill Ripjaws X, PSU: OCZ 700W, GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X, Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl, Cooler: Noctua NH-D14

Shure SRH-1540s. They are amazing

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Please do not get Astro headphones...

With $500 you can get very high end headphones. I have a set of Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro (250ohm) headphones that I love. They are reasonably lightweight, incredibly comfortable, and sound great. I got them for less than $200.

Some important questions before you purchase headphones inculde things like would you prefer an open or closed back design? open gives a broader sound-stage with the trade off of less noise isolation. Closed headphones are also generally have a more bass heavy sound signature.

If you have $500 consider looking into a sound card (meh...) or a usb headphone amp/dac as well. These may be nessecary for high impedence headphones (250ohms or greater) depending on the quality of your on board audio

Summary: i prefer closed back headphones for gaming, Beyerdyamic dt770 pro 250ohm headphones i personally own and recommend. roughly $190 on amazon. No gimmicks, simple, clean, sound great

Personally, I use a gaming headset for movies, games (duh), and music, and videos and love it

I use the G930s and they're amazing for the price (+ surround sound), but if u want higher end, get a sound card like a Xonar DGX and maybe a DAC or Amp (yeah, my siblings like the second approach better, being editors)

[insert stuffs here]