Running 1080p on 4k screen

docterkiwi

Hi! Say i have a 4k screen but i only have 1 gtx980 and i dont want to run games at 30 fps could i downcale to 1440p or 1080p and it would look just as good as it would on a 1080p screen when gaming.

Steam:Drift and Drift_2 <p>(name is hunter) Lets play:)

yeah it will look fine because for 4k is just 4x1080... meaning every 2x2 square would be equivalent to just one pixel

What games are you playing?

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Hi! Say i have a 4k screen but i only have 1 gtx980 and i dont want to run games at 30 fps could i downcale to 1440p or 1080p and it would look just as good as it would on a 1080p screen when gaming.

It'll be like running 960x540 on a 1920x1080 display.

It won't look as crisp and clear as it would at the native resolution but it'll run.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

To "2mbur2n" will my fps when gaming be at what it would on a 1080p monitor?

And to"zxc" bf4, arma3, dragon age inquisition, and like 70 other games on my steam library

yeah it will look fine because for 4k is just 4x1080... meaning every 2x2 square would be equivalent to just one pixel

What games are you playing?

Above^^^

It'll be like running 960x540 on a 1920x1080 display.

It won't look as crisp and clear as it would at the native resolution but it'll run.

Thats a good example thank you

To "2mbur2n" will my fps when gaming be at what it would on a 1080p monitor?

And to"zxc" bf4, arma3, dragon age inquisition, and like 70 other games on my steam library

if you lower some of the settings you should be fine, I drove the new COD at 45 fps at 4k maxed settings with 780ti

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

If I were you I'd run at high instead of maxing them out before even considering dropping to 1080p.

You should be setting the in game setting to the lowest possible before setting the resolution to 1080p. You still get interpolation and fuzziness that is very noticeable. It's easier to notice the difference between 1080>1440>2160 than it is to notice low>med>high>ultra when everything is in action and moving around.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

Another thing to kept in mind with 4k is the response time and input lag is going to be higher. In my experience 1440p monitors give me a headache gaming, so I'd assume 4k would be more of the same, but that's just my guess.

Yes, same FPS at 1080p!