Is this normal PPD?

Hello, I am running a 4790k overclocked to 4.7 and a gigabyte g1 970 overclocked also and only getting 25k PPD is this normal? seems low from what I have seen

Specs: Intel i7-4790k | Corsair H60 | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | 4x4g Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte g1 970 | Sandisk u110 128GB SSD | 1TB Toshiba Hard Drive | Corsair RM750 | Corsair Air 540 4 Corsair AF120 LED Purple 2 Corsair AF140 LED Purple

Hello, I am running a 4790k overclocked to 4.7 and a gigabyte g1 970 overclocked also and only getting 25k PPD is this normal? seems low from what I have seen

You should get a lot higher than just that with your GTX 970. Have you changed the 'Folding Power' to Full? If you don't, then it wont tax your GPU anything, unless the computer goes into idle.

Oh, and also. GPU folding can give you quite varied PPD. Right now I'm sitting at 160k+ with my GTX 780. I have seen it go above 200k, and under 100k. It all depends on what kind of project is handed to you.

You should get a lot higher than just that with your GTX 970. Have you changed the 'Folding Power' to Full? If you don't, then it wont tax your GPU anything, unless the computer goes into idle.

Oh, and also. GPU folding can give you quite varied PPD. Right now I'm sitting at 160k+ with my GTX 780. I have seen it go above 200k, and under 100k. It all depends on what kind of project is handed to you.

Its on full and gpu is at like 98% 

On the web control panel thing it says my gpu is only getting 5k points and cpu is the other 20k

Heres a screenshot of it

E858jcj.png

Specs: Intel i7-4790k | Corsair H60 | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | 4x4g Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte g1 970 | Sandisk u110 128GB SSD | 1TB Toshiba Hard Drive | Corsair RM750 | Corsair Air 540 4 Corsair AF120 LED Purple 2 Corsair AF140 LED Purple

Its on full and gpu is at like 98% 

Heres a screenshot of it

Just looked like it bumped into a slight hitch. Have you tried pausing it, wait a minute, start it back up again? The estimated TPF is way too high from what I can see.

Just looked like it bumped into a slight hitch. Have you tried pausing it, wait a minute, start it back up again? The estimated TPF is way too high from what I can see.

Yep it just stays the same ;/

As long as your gpu is running stable it should be fine, it might just be a wierd

wu. Still, that tpf is pretty far out... 

I would start by dialing back the overclock, or just set it to stock for simplicity's sake. 

Then see what happens to your tpf. Also don't forget to use a passkey for bonus

points. 

I know that it takes a little while for the PPD to update and display what you are actually going to get, sometimes mine would take a day or so. Also i know some driver versions get a little screwy with folding.

Main Rig: | CPU: Intel Core i9-7900x | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Founders | Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X299-E Gaming | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 MHz | SSD: Samsung 980 Pro w/Heatsink 1TB & Samsung 960 Pro 1TB | Sound: Parasound ZDAC & Burson Soloist Amp | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-F12 | Case: Caselabs MAGNUM SMA8 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 800 | Keyboard: WASD V3 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Mousepad: Logitech G PowerPlay | CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | Primary Monitor: Acer Predator XB272 | Extra Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster PX2370 |

Yep it just stays the same ;/

Give it time, or at least until it's on its next WU. Did you only recently start folding on the GTX 970?

If I leave folding off for a few days, PPD on my 280X stays low for the first WU or at least part of it. You just gotta be patient, and hope for an optimized WU. On a good day my 280X pulls 130k PPD easy. On a bad day it'd be lucky to hit 10k. HFM.net is usually more accurate than the Folding app.

Give it time, or at least until it's on its next WU. Did you only recently start folding on the GTX 970?

If I leave folding off for a few days, PPD on my 280X stays low for the first WU or at least part of it. You just gotta be patient, and hope for an optimized WU. On a good day my 280X pulls 130k PPD easy. On a bad day it'd be lucky to hit 10k. HFM.net is usually more accurate than the Folding app.

the longer you spend on a wu the less points you get, 

that is why you get low ppd on the first wu if you stop

in the middle of it and decide to finish it hours/days later.

Be on the lookout if you are failing wu's with that overclock.. 

check the log tab, and select filter > slot > your gpu slot . To

see what it has been up to.

First thing would be to check if your massive TPF reduces 

when you go back to stock settings, if that doesn't help

you could try changing drivers as suggested above. And

ofcourse remember the passkey. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/207857-for-folding-users-tips-tricks-and-faq-updated-aug-2014/