Where Can I find Code to Read? (C#)

benxie0

Hi, I am a student trying to learn C#, and I have heard a good way to learn is to  read code. Is there any place that has C# code to read? 

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

On YouTube you can look up projects and download the Source Code and read through it. See if you can understand how everything in there comes together to make the program work.

On YouTube you can look up projects and download the Source Code and read through it. See if you can understand how everything in there comes together to make the program work.

hai sticker boi

Hi, I am a student trying to learn C#, and I have heard a good way to learn is to  read code. Is there any place that has C# code to read? 

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

Understand code is better tho. Anyone can read code c:

Understand code is better tho. Anyone can read code c:

I wonder if his goal is to read someone else's code and follow their logic and understand what they are doing and why.

For me it is actual problem solving that helps me to learn. try to find a simple project get stuck in, encounter a problem, fix it, move onto the next problem.

has worked for me so far LOL

GitHub is filled with open source projects in many languages. You'll fine some real nasty code there and plenty of bugs. Locate someone's project that you like the look of, fix a bug or make an improvement and then roll a pull request. Expect the open source community to give you plenty of nasty attitude :)

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

I don't really think github is the place to go yet.. If you are still learning you will end up in over your head and may possibly scare you away from programing.. (Not saying it will happen to you, but i have seen people look at some source code and then just give up because it looked to complex)

You want to go do something like this.. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1714324
Pick a challenge read the brief, try to do it alone and then look are the other users code.. This is not only a great way to get you problem solving but is it also a prime example that shows there is more than one way to skin a cat..

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

Are you gonna work on desktop, metro or windows phone apps?

I personally found this video tutorial guide very useful for learning c# / xaml (windows phone and metro apps):

http://channel9.msdn.com/Series/Windows-Phone-8-Development-for-Absolute-Beginners/Part-1-Series-Introduction

If you want to learn with a (good/profesional) video guide/tutorial instead of just lines of code and text have a look around on:

channel9.msdn.com

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro