40gb Boot Drive Full

Detective Space Wizard

A few weeks ago I built my first computer and everything has been going perfectly fine outside of one issue. I'm using Windows 8 on a 40gb boot drive with a 500gb hard drive for storage, and the boot drive is completely full even though I have installed all the programs, games, etc., on the hard drive. I turned off hibernation mode which opened up about 9gb, with that free space only to be eaten up by something that I don't know of. My specs are (although I'm not sure how they would help here,) a pentium g3258 processor, a powercolor turboduo r9 270, 4 sticks of 2gb ram(total 8gb),600w corsair psu.

Thanks in advance.

Empty it

Download CCleaner

Buy bigger boot drive

A few weeks ago I built my first computer and everything has been going perfectly fine outside of one issue. I'm using Windows 8 on a 40gb boot drive with a 500gb hard drive for storage, and the boot drive is completely full even though I have installed all the programs, games, etc., on the hard drive. I turned off hibernation mode which opened up about 9gb, with that free space only to be eaten up by something that I don't know of. My specs are (although I'm not sure how they would help here,) a pentium g3258 processor, a powercolor turboduo r9 270, 4 sticks of 2gb ram(total 8gb),600w corsair psu.

Thanks in advance.

Its full because of Windows being installed on it -_-

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Thanks in advance.

Windirstat

thank me later

windows updates, driver updates, temporary internet data, user data, app data etc, all builds up, 40gb is kinda small i think

And people still insist on 16-64GB SSDs having a place in today's society, in spite of their massively bad price to capacity ratio and near uselessness even as a boot drive.

i just built mine with a 120gb drive, already lower on space than i would like and i may go ahead and upgrade to a 250gb drive soon