As i read in the internet all r9 280x cards support mantle. As i read in the sapphire website the specific model sapphire r9 280x vapor-x model does not have the mantle sector (sector: i mean the place where the site explains the specific technology the card has, for example it has sectors for the cooling systems etc.) in the overview tab (http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1... ) although it does have sectors for directx12 and opengl4.3. I tried to see the overview tab of other sapphire cards like the r9 280x vapor-x tri-x model and it does have a mantle sector. So, does the sapphire r9 280x vapor-x (the vapor-x model and not the vapor-x tri-x) support mantle? And generally is the mantle so important for the amd cards, i mean should i buy this gpu even if it doesn't support mantle?

CPU Intel i5-4690k | Motherboard Asus Maximus VII Ranger | RAM Kingston HyperX fury 8gb (2x4gb) | GPU sapphire r9 280x vapor-x oc | Case Corsair Carbide 200R | Storage WD Blue 1tb | PSU Corsair CX750M

All R9 280X supports Mantle, regardless of whether it is advertised by the manufacturer.

And your reason for buying one in the first place?

Its not a must have, and you should not buy just for the sake of Mantle.

But its nice getting to use an API other than DX in games that support Mantle.

For example it works nicely in BF4 and DA:I

If you have a weak CPU and it is bottlenecking graphics performance, that is where Mantle really shines.

Thanks, so normally it would support mantle. That was the answer i was looking for :D. I will calmly buy this card now. If you ask me why i will get this card, its because i could find it even cheaper than the dual-x r9 280x (just for 10euros though...) and i read that cooling and performance are better in vapor-x than the dual-x. My cpu is the i5-4690k so i dont think it will bottleneck my gpu at all.

CPU Intel i5-4690k | Motherboard Asus Maximus VII Ranger | RAM Kingston HyperX fury 8gb (2x4gb) | GPU sapphire r9 280x vapor-x oc | Case Corsair Carbide 200R | Storage WD Blue 1tb | PSU Corsair CX750M

Thanks, so normally it would support mantle. That was the answer i was looking for :D. I will calmly buy this card now. If you ask me why i will get this card, its because i could find it even cheaper than the dual-x r9 280x (just for 10euros though...) and i read that cooling and performance are better in vapor-x than the dual-x. My cpu is the i5-4690k so i dont think it will bottleneck my gpu at all.

Just one thing to consider here. I don't know about prices in greece but in Germany you can get a 280 for about 160 EUR and a 280X is at least 200 EUR. The performance difference is not THAT great though. Just a thought.

AND you can get 290s for as little as 250 EUR and get a BIG performance increase. Just saying ;-)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

Just one thing to consider here. I don't know about prices in greece but in Germany you can get a 280 for about 160 EUR and a 280X is at least 200 EUR. The performance difference is not THAT great though. Just a thought.

AND you can get 290s for as little as 250 EUR and get a BIG performance increase. Just saying ;-)

yeah then i hope i was living in germany :P in greece u can find the r9 280 for 190euros and the r9 280x for 250euros while the r9 290 costs about 300euros.

i found the r9 280x vapor-x online in ebay for 190euros. unfortunateley i couldnt find the r9 290 for 250 or a bit more so i stack with buying the r9 280x. but in the end this card is more than enough for me plus i think i will get great performance even for the next 2-3 years with this card (i will play in 1080p mostly if not exclusevely) so i think i found a pretty good deal.