Itunes Cards Preloaded or Loaded in Store?

DaJellyDanish
Go to solution Solved by Snickerzz,

K that makes sense, i suppose its less work to do it like that.

The only problem with that is that i'd like to think that apple stores would be able to give u custum amounts as opposed to retailers seeing as the one i was at couldnt >.>

thats more to do with apple wanting to be simple. its not that they cant, its they wont. 

A somewhat random question, but does anybody know whether Itunes giftcards are preloaded by Apple themselves and then just need a simple activation by retailers to be used or do the retailers both load and activate the cards?

Just something that's been bugging me lately xD

Thanks in Advance 

-DaJellyDanish

planning on stealing itunes cards? :P

the store loads and activates them at register afaik

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I would think they are loaded by the retailer since you can buy cards and set a custom amount. Also, that would be a lot of money tied up in gift cards for retailers if they had to buy them at $19 and get $20 for it. (I dont really know what the profit is on those cards)

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers

planning on stealing itunes cards? :P

the store loads and activates them at register afaik

Exactly what I was thinking :o

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers

Nah lol i dont even own apple products >.>

It just somehow baffles me that they keep track of it all with all the different retailers idk mayb im easily impressed

I would think they are loaded by the retailer since you can buy cards and set a custom amount. Also, that would be a lot of money tied up in gift cards for retailers if they had to buy them at $19 and get $20 for it. (I dont really know what the profit is on those cards)

not all cards are any amount, most cards are "20" "50" "100" etc 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

not all cards are any amount, most cards are "20" "50" "100" etc 

Yes, but if I go to my local big box stores they have racks of gift cards and its 15, 25, 50, and custom amounts. Might be different in smaller stores.

I was questioning it because i walked into an apple store the other day and literally every single set of cards was 4 * $10  and thought they were preset amounts

Yes, but if I go to my local big box stores they have racks of gift cards and its 15, 25, 50, and custom amounts. Might be different in smaller stores.

Im in Canada? Mayb im weird...?

Nah lol i dont even own apple products >.>

It just somehow baffles me that they keep track of it all with all the different retailers idk mayb im easily impressed

hmmm maybe its the other way around think about it, how are the companies supposed to know how much a gift card is worth unless they are the ones who loaded it? Idk man cards are confusing :(

I was questioning it because i walked into an apple store the other day and literally every single set of cards was 4 * $10  and thought they were preset amounts

those are

some you can preload with any amount you want, others have a set amount

those are

some you can preload with any amount you want, others have a set amount

The only problem with that is that i'd like to think that apple stores would be able to give u custum amounts as opposed to retailers seeing as the one i was at couldnt >.>

thats more to do with apple wanting to be simple. its not that they cant, its they wont. 

I guess so :( well thnx for dah input :)