1.5 - 1.65 Volt Ram

Go to solution Solved by thorpj,

The airflow would be great in that case and you don't have to worry about it.

That's great, thanks a lot!

I'll mark both your comments as solutions:

The 1.65 v is needed for the high speeds so it's okay.

my 2400MHz ram runs at 1.65v, no issues there

Hi,

I've decided to go for Geil 2x8GB DDR3 2133 C10 over Geil 2x8GB DDR3 1866 C9.

Reading through the specs, i noticed that both kits are running at 1.65 volts.

I Googled "1.65 volt ram" and the results were a little alarming. However there were mixed opinions, so i'd like to clear this up here and now: Is it ok to run 1.65 volt RAM with a 4790k and Asus z97 Pro Gamer? (cooled by an H110, in a Corsair 780t)

thanks in advance

Edit: There was also a choice of Geil 2400 c11, but i thought that the latency was a little too high.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Right, so it'll be stable, and temps will be normal with 1.65 ram?

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Right, so it'll be stable, and temps will be normal with 1.65 ram?

It's will be fine, I don't think that you will have a shitty airflow will you ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

It's will be fine, I don't think that you will have a shitty airflow will you ?

Great, thanks to both of you for clearing things up

Airflow shouldn't be crap, that's the planned setup (got the case pic off the internet - not my build)

I'm still awaiting word from the "Corsair Case Owners Club" as to whether i can fit two Bitfenix spectre pros in the front. I've read in a couple of places that "200mm fans work" but there's been no official confirmation.

q6RnIiL.png

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

That's great, thanks a lot!

I'll mark both your comments as solutions: