My specs are:

MB: Asrock h97 Anniversary
Cpu: Intel i5-4460
PSU: Cooler Master B600 80+
RAM: Ripjaws f3 2x4 GB
Case: Cooler Master Silencio 650 pure
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970

This looks solid to me but.. here are the questions

I use a 22" monitor so my max resolution isn't that high. Since i don't want to buy a bigger 1 is the 970 an overkill? Im considering buying the 100$ cheaper r9 290 for that reason and i need some help.

I want max setting (maybe some AA also) on all these new games without stutter etc. but i don't currently have the budget for a  really expensive pc. All the benchmarks that i see start minimum at 1920x1080 and go to 2k-4k for detailed analysis so i don't really see what i want. The 290 though seems that has some problems with heat and its kinda confusing to me. Buying the 290 (not the 290x) would be ideal since its almost alot cheaper but  i don't want to regret it.

Im told that the 4460 is a decent (but no oc allowed hence the H97) cpu to avoid any drawbacks and bottleneck, 8 gbs seem fine for now, the B600 is haswell compatible as i read and the case big enouph for a 212 evo cooler IF you think that the stock would Not be enough.

I would appreciate some feedback mainly on the card bc money is really tight right now, but you can understand buying a brand new system and having to play on medium from day 1 is a very big disappointment :)

Ps. after you reccomendation if u can advise a manufacturer for the gpu that you chose it would be great.

THnx in advance

At lower res like 1080p the gtx 970 pulls ahead while consuming less power, and less noise (heat). The gtx 970 is a great bet and it would be able to run ultra for games for quite awhile. 

So im trying for the 1st time to build a gaming pc

My specs are:

MB: Asrock h97 Anniversary

Cpu: Intel i5-4460

PSU: Cooler Master B600 80+

RAM: Ripjaws f3 2x4 GB

Case: Cooler Master Silencio 650 pure

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970

This looks solid to me but.. here are the questions

I use a 22" monitor so my max resolution isn't that high. Since i don't want to buy a bigger 1 is the 970 an overkill? Im considering buying the 100$ cheaper r9 290 for that reason and i need some help.

I want max setting (maybe some AA also) on all these new games without stutter etc. but i don't currently have the budget for a  really expensive pc. All the benchmarks that i see start minimum at 1920x1080 and go to 2k-4k for detailed analysis so i don't really see what i want. The 290 though seems that has some problems with heat and its kinda confusing to me. Buying the 290 (not the 290x) would be ideal since its almost alot cheaper but  i don't want to regret it.

Im told that the 4460 is a decent (but no oc allowed hence the H97) cpu to avoid any drawbacks and bottleneck, 8 gbs seem fine for now, the B600 is haswell compatible as i read and the case big enouph for a 212 evo cooler IF you think that the stock would Not be enough.

I would appreciate some feedback mainly on the card bc money is really tight right now, but you can understand buying a brand new system and having to play on medium from day 1 is a very big disappointment :)

Ps. after you reccomendation if u can advise a manufacturer for the gpu that you chose it would be great.

THnx in advance

The 970 would be your best choice. It does use less power and isnt as loud or as hot. Depending what your monitors refresh rate is, be it 60Hz or 120Hz or 144Hz, will affect your in game setting. Because of course if you want to use a 144Hz monitor the settings will probably be around medium/ high. But if you have a 60Hz monitor you should be able to play almost all games at pretty high settings and still maintain 60fps. As for manufacturer, it depends on which 970 you would want. If you got a basic reference type it doesnt matter, it only matters if you would want a 970 that comes oc or not. Either way I would personally go with EVGA.

-Yes I know, before someone else mentions it, I have PNY gpu's. I did this cause I bought the reference cards and EVGA was sold out. :(

i7 4790K @4.7GHz; MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition; Klevv Neo 4x4Gb 2400Mhz; PNY GeForce GTX 980; Crucial M500 240GB SSD; Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD; Corsair RM750; NZXT Kraken X61