Front-end dev 1 month

manofsteel

Hello

I need a rly good answer for this topic. Is there any chance to learn all stuff you need to be good front-end dev(or average one) in just a month? I am on codeschool courses now but dunno if they can teach me everythin i need(ofc they kinda show what function in js does but not on actual program so interaction js with html on high lvl is unknown for me atm).
I hope you can help me in this serious matter.

CPU i5 6600k 4,4Ghz , COOLER Dark Rock 3 from BQ, RAM 16 GB of ddr 4 2800MHz from corsair,

PSU EVGA 750 W GOLD G2, MOBO Msi z170A Gaming M3, CASE NZXT H440 Black/Blue,

GPU Geforce GTX 980 Gigabyte G1 Gaming,

STORAGE 1 SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB and 1 HDD 500GB WD, Windows 8.1.

It looks like you are quite lost. Never rush with programming. You will get there by practicing.

The thing is i got only 1 month in code school and after that i kinda dont have time to waste and need to find a job (in my country its not an easy task for fresh it man ) and kinda for life reasons i need it

CPU i5 6600k 4,4Ghz , COOLER Dark Rock 3 from BQ, RAM 16 GB of ddr 4 2800MHz from corsair,

So you expect to learn all about coding and stuff in 1 month and then get a job using that? I dont believe that will be possible.

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

we dont know unless we try and thus i ask for help, if not get it than fine i just gonna do what i can do

Short answer, yes, quite possible. Especially when it comes to make a super pretty site, the html and CSS might only take a week to learn to be really good at it. You probably won't ever learn all JavaScript has to offer, not many people ever do. But for more complicated things like raw JavaScript AJAX that degrades gracefully, you won't need to learn for a front end only site, so you only need to get to intermediate JavaScript, which is also quite possible in under a month

Oh, and if you need help, I will respond to most Web dev topics in this sub forum

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Okay one thing is sure it is possible, now if there is a list of exercises (good ones) that you might know i would gladly take it :)

A nice way to go about JavaScript is to built a text based game using prompts/confirms etc. Then after you finish, go back and optimise your code. You will find you can usually add a bunch of functions and cut down the game by a few hundred lines.

I started one a while ago, but I abandoned it and remade one with a gui and sounds etc. Give me a sec and I'll get you a url with an example

For html/css the best way to learn would probably be, design a mock up website in photoshop. Or draw it. Then try to replicate it. After you do that, go run a w3 html css validation on your code, to make sure it's valid html.

Then, after that, investigate fluid or flexible design, making the website looking the same on all devices

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I am good at computer

Spoiler

about css and hmtl i got something like this

http://japonia2.cba.pl/

Well kinda dead here now (maybe becasue of language in my site and not that programmin one) ;p but anyway thx hazy for that advices.

There are so many resources out there to learn from. You can continue with code school and do other stuff on the side. You only have a month so spend every second you can learning and practising.

Team Treehouse does many lessons on web development and they have a 14 day free trial. Go through their Front End Web Development track and maybe also the Web Design track if you think it applies to you. Then take a look through their HTML, CSS, Javascript,  and Design sections and see if there's anything else you want to learn from them.

There are many more sites that teach web development like lynda.com, code academy, and udemy so feel free to look into them and search Google for more.

A book apart has many titles you can buy and read through if you want. Here are more book recommendations. Feel free to search Google for other recommendations.

There are some more HTML, CSS, and Javascript resources listed in this forums Resources Thread sticky you can learn from.

As for development tools, there are many out there. Look into Webstorm, Sublime, Adobe Edge Code, Notepad++, Dreamweaver, and any others you can find recommendations for. Try each of them out and see which one you like the best.

At the end of it all, build yourself a good website that acts as your resume and portfolio. Any good websites you've built for practice, add them to your portfolio so you have some work to show off.

Thanks for this resources and i got a question about them. If i am right lynda.com is sponsor of linus isnt there any special promo for trial or smth?

Thanks for this resources and i got a question about them. If i am right lynda.com is sponsor of linus isnt there any special promo for trial or smth?

If I remember correctly, Lynda is a current one, for the last promo code, check last WAN. It'll be in the thread or video description

I am good at computer

Spoiler

After that promo code expires i get account blocked right? or my card is goin to be charged? becasue i dont have such money for more courses than 1 month on codeschool unfornunetly

After that promo code expires i get account blocked right? or my card is goin to be charged? becasue i dont have such money for more courses than 1 month on codeschool unfornunetly

You'll automatically get charged so be sure to cancel just before the trial ends.

@madknight3 what do you think about the site i posted here (sorry content is my nation langauge there)? it's based on pure hmtl and css that learned months ago(yes i started html and css earlier and some js on codeacademy but that one isnt enough and thus i decided this 1 month to learn everythin that i need, sorry if that brings some confusions).

what do you think about the site i posted here

Simply put, it needs a lot of work. But practice is important so keep at it.

Once you've got a good handle on HTML/CSS/Javascript, look into what the current design trends are these days and learn how to implement them.

99designs - Top 10 web design trends for 2014

thenextweb - web design trends you can expect to see in 2014

elegantthemes - web design trends to look out for in 2015

• 9 months later...

Great suggestions already, I would recommend these 2 resources:

I don't want to destroy your dreams, but as professional front-end developer i will give you honest answer: NO.

Why? Well if you asked this question before 5 years, it would be possible in 6 months.

But today, in 2015... Let me tell you what would you probably need as front-end developer:

CSS3 - CSS it's kinda easy, you just need to learn how display and div positions works, but with CSS3 you have all that + extra effects, as animations, and animations take time to learn.

HTML5 - It's simple, there is no much difference between HTML 4 and 5, only 5 has more options to communicate with JS.

You would definitely need some frameworks, let's say Bootstrap, you can learn bootstrap in month.

Well now is where pain starts:
JS - JS is very complex and very sensitive, and that isn't all.

JS also includes JSON/XML and your knowledge how AJAX works... etc.

jQuery, AngularJS, Backbone.js.. I dont even want to talk about Sencha, even some mobile frameworks, that's very important in 2015.

And last but very important, cross-browsing. That's pain in the ass.

For all this to master you would need about 3 years, 10h per day, every day.

Well if programming would be 1 month of learning, programmers wouldn't had payment approximately 120k $ per year.