What do you think about this build + monitor?

Terabolt

Hey guys, new guy here. I would like to know your opinion on a gaming PC I'm building. What do you think? Is it good? Would you change anything to save some money or something that is simply not right?  :)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DxYnwP

CPU - i5-4460

Motherboard - MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 

RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB

HDD - WD Blue 7200RPM 1TB

Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V

Case - Cooler Master N300 N2

Power Supply - Corsair CX-500 80+ bronze

OS - Windows 7 Professional x64 30€ on ebay OEM

Monitor - Asus 1080p, 60Hz, 1ms - VX238H

Price: around 1150€ including monitor, which you can consider as 1150$

I would also appreciate some advice on a keyboard. A cheap one. I don't need a mouse since I already got a solid one. Moving from a Laptop. Thank you! :D  

wat?

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

Sorry I posted It b4 finnishing. My mistake. Should be good now! :)

Is there a reason why you went with the z97 pc mate vboard? Just curious. :D

I don't think so. :P It is available for 82€ and it's a Z97 to be future proof for an eventual future upgrade. What do you think? Bad choice? Thanks for your reply! :)

I don't think so. :P It is available for 82€ and it's a Z97 to be future proof for an eventual future upgrade. What do you think? Bad choice? Thanks for your reply! :)

Because with that particular z97 board, you can't add another gpu for future upgrade. You also can't over clock because you have a locked cpu. I would recommend grabbing a h97 to save some money or get a z97 that has sli support. :)

Make sure you either quote us or use @username to let us know you responded.

It looks good except that you can't overclock teh CPU because it's locked even though you have a Z97 board, so do something about that

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Because with that particular z97 board, you can't add another gpu for future upgrade. You also can't over clock because you have a locked cpu. I would recommend grabbing a h97 to save some money or get a z97 that has sli support.  :) 

I guess I don't really know the advantage of being a Z97 instead of H97. Can you fill me in? :) I know this MoBo does not support SLI, I don't think I will ever want 2 graphics cards. When this one is no longer good I would just replace it by another. What do you think?

This PC is for gaming (some) and normal home use. I don't think an unlocked CPU would do much use for the price difference. What do you think? This is my 1st build by the way! :D

It looks good except that you can't overclock teh CPU because it's locked even though you have a Z97 board, so do something about that

Like I said it's a gaming PC. Do you think an unlocked CPU would be that good for the price difference?

I guess I don't really know the advantage of being a Z97 instead of H97. Can you fill me in? :) I know this MoBo does not support SLI, I don't think I will ever want 2 graphics cards. When this one is no longer good I would just replace it by another. What do you think?

This PC is for gaming (some) and normal home use. I don't think an unlocked CPU would do much use for the price difference. What do you think? This is my 1st build by the way! :D

The main advantage of a z97 board is the overlooking abilities. The z97 board also has a bunch of extra features that the h97 board doesn't have, but that depends on the manufacturer and what they want to put on it. Z97 generally have sli support except for a few. You can use h97 or a few other chipset to save you some money. Basically, you can't over clock with a h97 board. So it's better to pair up a locked cpu with the h boards. Or b.

The main advantage of a z97 board is the overlooking abilities. The z97 board also has a bunch of extra features that the h97 board doesn't have, but that depends on the manufacturer and what they want to put on it. Z97 generally have sli support except for a few. You can use h97 or a few other chipset to save you some money. Basically, you can't over clock with a h97 board. So it's better to pair up a locked cpu with the h boards. Or b.

Oh but the thing is I want to overclock the GPU but not the CPU. With the H97 I cannot overclock the GPU right? So maybe the Z97 is the way to go?  :unsure:

Oh but the thing is I want to overclock the GPU but not the CPU. With the H97 I cannot overclock the GPU right? So maybe the Z97 is the way to go?  :unsure:

You can still overclock the GPU with a H97. wait for a sec. I'll post a 1150USD build. Brb.

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

Oh but the thing is I want to overclock the GPU but not the CPU. With the H97 I cannot overclock the GPU right? So maybe the Z97 is the way to go? :unsure:

You can over clock your gpu with any board as long as your psu is big enough to supply it.

You can still overclock the GPU with a H97. wait for a sec. I'll post a 1150USD build. Brb.

Ok thank you!

You can over clock your gpu with any board as long as your psu is big enough to supply it.

Do you think It's enough? 500W? I used a online wattage calc, without overclocking and 2 fans on it it was around 420W. So an extra of 80W should be enough for the overclocking, right? I don't wanna push it too much or mess with the voltage. Just a little more juice on it. :)

Ok thank you!

Do you think It's enough? 500W? I used a online wattage calc, without overclocking and 2 fans on it it was around 420W. So an extra of 80W should be enough for the overclocking, right? I don't wanna push it too much or mess with the voltage. Just a little more juice on it. :)

I would grab a 650 w or so. 500 is pushing it.

I would grab a 650 w or so. 500 is pushing it.

You think? It's that too much? Linus keeps saying bigger is not always better but if theres nothing between 500W and 650W I guess I need the 650W then... :P But does the OC really messes with the W that much? :o

Here's the build. If you can afford to get a higher PSU wattage capacity, get it. Also get a 212 EVO as an upgrade.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.98 @ OutletPC) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Plus ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($91.49 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($62.44 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  ($338.99 @ NCIX US) 

Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Red ATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Micro Center) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($88.98 @ OutletPC) 

Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($139.99 @ Best Buy) 

Total: $1144.68

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-14 20:02 EST-0500

Spoiler

You think? It's that too much? Linus keeps saying bigger is not always better but if theres nothing between 500W and 650W I guess I need the 650W then... :P But does the OC really messes with the W that much? :o

It depends on how hard you're pushing it. I rather have a slightly bigger psu so it's not overworking itself. But yeah, too big of a psu is bad too. There's also a 600 w. I just default to 650 haha.

Here's the build. If you can afford to get a higher PSU wattage capacity, get it. Also get a 212 EVO as an upgrade.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Plus ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($91.49 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($62.44 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  ($338.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Red ATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Micro Center) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($88.98 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($139.99 @ Best Buy) 
Total: $1144.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-14 20:02 EST-0500

This is the problem: I am not from the USA, I'm from Portugal. In USA, PC component's are a LOT cheaper. And here, I don't have much choice on what to get. For example I don't have that SSD, nor that HDD, nor that Video Card, Nor that power supply. Options are limited here unfortunatly. :/ And even If i had all those options, the price would be like 200€ more... 1300€ which is like 1500$ or more... :/

This is the problem: I am not from the USA, I'm from Portugal. In USA, PC component's are a LOT cheaper. And here, I don't have much choice on what to get. For example I don't have that SSD, nor that HDD, nor that Video Card, Nor that power supply. Options are limited here unfortunatly. :/ And even If i had all those options, the price would be like 200€ more... 1300€ which is like 1500$ or more... :/

can you link to me the pcpartpicker that can be applicable in your area?

Spoiler

It depends on how hard you're pushing it. I rather have a slightly bigger psu so it's not overworking itself. But yeah, too big of a psu is bad too. There's also a 600 w. I just default to 650 haha.

Haha thanks man! :D I guess I'll go with a 600W then. :) What about the keyboard? Any advice for a cheap one? And the monitor, is it good? :P

Already did at the beguining. Very 1st post. Unless that's not what you mean?  :wacko:

Already did at the beguining. Very 1st post. Unless that's not what you mean?  :wacko:

it's the US pcpartpicker. If you look at the top right, you can see that you can choose what region that you want to have.

Spoiler

I think I can help you out by posting the portuguese site I'm choosing the parts from. They have a PC configurator just like pcpartpicker. Even though it's in portuguese you don't need to know the language to understand the configurator since it's a list just like pcpartpicker.

Maybe you won't trust the link, but I can assure you it's no virus or anything like that.Just a portuguese site that's all.

http://www.globaldata.pt/index.aspx?p=Configurator

it's the US pcpartpicker. If you look at the top right, you can see that you can choose what region that you want to have.

ah that. pcpartpicker is not available in Portugal. Closest country is spain but I don't think prices are related or even availability.