Help in upgrading our family business

Salbawardi2

Hello every one, this is my first topic  :)

Our family has a jewelry store, but we had it before I knew about PCs and technology, so I couldn't help when my family was building it.

However, now my mom agreed to let me help her in the store so that I can connect it to the internet.

Because it is a jewelry store, we have to keep a paper record and a copy of all the receipt that we make for 10 years, so I want to make a backup for all the receipts that we have, so this is what we need :

1- personal cloud to keep our scanned documents in the house

2- a scanner to scan the receipts and send them from the store to the personal cloud in house

do you guys have any suggestions ?

Hello every one, this is my first topic  :)

Our family has a jewelry store, but we had it before I knew about PCs and technology, so I couldn't help when my family was building it.

However, now my mom agreed to let me help her in the store so that I can connect it to the internet.

Because it is a jewelry store, we have to keep a paper record and a copy of all the receipt that we make for 10 years, so I want to make a backup for all the receipts that we have, so this is what we need :

1- personal cloud to keep our scanned documents in the house

2- a scanner to scan the receipts and send them from the store to the personal cloud in house

do you guys have any suggestions ?

Why do you need a cloud storage?

Build a nas , i can help you

For cloud storage, try something like Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive or Dropbox. However if you want to keep it more secure, build a NAS or any computer with a decent amount of storage, a 1TB HDD isn't that expensive. Heck some scanners can connect to USB so you could buy an external USB to keep it connected to the scanner permanently.

You could use DCT's $159 SimpleScan DP as a Cloud scanner which can scan directly to numerous cloud storage options. This might be the cheapest solution.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Thanks all

At the beginning I was going to build a nas with something like raspberry pie, but the problem is that I will not be available to help with problems always, so I wanted some thing reliable like WD Personal cloud EX2 or EX4 to store scans of receipts and  important documents and share them when needed.

The second thing is that the scanner will be in the store and the personal cloud will be in the house, so I can't use any scanner.

Third, it will help me a lot if the scanner can create automatic folders every day to keep scans organized automatically.  

Thanks all

At the beginning I was going to build a nas with something like raspberry pie, but the problem is that I will not be available to help with problems always, so I wanted some thing reliable like WD Personal cloud EX2 to store scans of receipts and  important documents and share them when needed.

The second thing is that the scanner will be in the store and the personal cloud will be in the house, so I can't use any scanner.

Third, it will help me a lot if the scanner can create automatic folders every day to keep scans organized automatically.  

Building a cloud will be difficult  and on the longterm all the companies that offer cloud storage will became rich

I can help you build a small nas and also i can help you build a cloud storage ( What is your budget)?

and you will see which you find more reliable to your needs!

For the scanner.... we will discuss it later ok? :)

Building a cloud will be difficult  and on the longterm all the companies that offer cloud storage will became rich

I can help you build a small nas and also i can help you build a cloud storage ( What is your budget)?

and you will see which you find more reliable to your needs!

For the scanner.... we will discuss it later ok? :)

Because I need something reliable, I will go with something like WD my cloud EX2 or EX4, the budget isn't a problem 

But my main problem is the scanner

BTW I don't have a problem if I need to buy a small PC and connect a scanner to it if necessary 

Because I need something reliable, I will go with something like WD my cloud EX2 or EX4

But my main problem is the scanner

BTW I don't have a problem if I need to buy a small PC and connect a scanner to it if necessary 

Because you have a lot of receits you need a fast scanner is it for home use ( meaning small ) or bussiness( can be faster but bigger)

How much do you want to spend?

How would you like to scan your documents ( like when the paper is sitted and scan it up)

or you will put the papers in order and the scanner will scan and forward it to the cloud?

Because you have a lot of receits you need a fast scanner is it for home use ( meaning small ) or bussiness( can be faster but bigger)

How much do you want to spend?

How would you like to scan your documents ( like when the paper is sitted and scan it up)

or you will put the papers in order and the scanner will scan and forward it to the cloud?

I will need a scanner that is reasonably small (not like the ones in the offices)

If the scanner had a feeder it will be better and I will need the scanner to automatically send the scans to the cloud

I was thinking about  Fujitsu Scansnap ix500 sense Linus uses it  

I will need a scanner that is reasonably small (not like the ones in the offices)

If the scanner had a feeder it will be better and I will need the scanner to automatically send the scans to the cloud

I was thinking about  Fujitsu Scansnap ix500 sense Linus uses it  

you are set to go the Fijistu is the best one it has also pcmag award and the reviews are great

Locks like I will go with WD my cloud EX2 + laptop +  Fujitsu Scansnap ix500

any other ideas ?