MSI 970 Gaming

Im thinking about upgrading my Motherboard. I currently have an ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS and i was thinking about getting the MSI 970 Gaming AM3+. Is it a good motherboard?

i wouldnt run a gtx 970 on any amd platform doe, but yeah, you need an x16 slotto run it, mobo doesnt realy matter

Guys hes not talking about a GTX 970... hes talking a bout a motherboard :/

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

dont upgrade the motherboard, the performance is shity anyways, its just not realy worth and if you realy decide so, then get an 990fx mobo so you can run a fx 8350 if your current some doesnt do it anymore

I need a better motherboard because it only has 1 PCI slot, 2 slots for RAM, 4 SATA connectors and 4 USB slots. Would it be better to switch from AMD to Intel?

I need a better motherboard because it only has 1 PCI slot, 2 slots for RAM, 4 SATA connectors and 4 USB slots. Would it be better to switch from AMD to Intel?

if you can get the intel 4460 and a cheap B85M mobo, much better performance, or if there isnt enough expansion, get a Z97/h97 mobo, there are some cheap ones from MSI and Gigabyte

ASRock's low end H97/Z97 boards have lots of features and are cheap.

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.