Kernel Power event 41 (63)

lime

So far I've posted on Linustechtips forums before like a week ago about a problem on installing my operating system. It seemed to work but after that, once i installed my operating system and installed my drivers i had another problem. I had kernel Power event 41 (63).  It restarted my computer with a BSOD. I've checked many of posts on the web about this. It's irritating. I've decided that my memory was the problem, I believed it was the RAM because i had problems installing my OS earlier with 2 sticks of DDR3 1866Mhz G Skill Sniper memory so i took out one and left one in. Worked but now the problem is because even then I don't think it was all my Memory's problem because now i gotta find out whether my motherboard is defective or the power supply. I've concluded that it could be because many people on forums are posting on tomshardware saying that they've concluded that its because of multiple audio drivers, 2 or more. Now my friend has 2 audio drivers on his computer that i helped built and he doesn't get this problem. I'm not sure what to believe I've tried memtest86 and it found no errors on my memory. I've sent my memory back to newegg to get tested, hopefully they say its because of the memory even though memtest said there was no problems but i had problems installing windows 7 for the past 3 days because i had 2 Sticks of RAM in my pc than 1. 

1 day had already passed since i sent my memory into Neweggs hands, i got 2 sticks of 1600Mhz 2x4Gb Corsair vengeance DDR3 memory from my friend since he wasn't using his PC and i was like hmm can i use your memory since your not using your computer? He lent me it for a day and my pc had not crashed once but when i went to the event viewer it still showed that i had a kernel power event 41 appear again but it didn't shut off my pc this time, what it did was not allow me to turn on my computer. Nothing displayed on my screen because the problem i believe was i did not have my DVI-HDMi cable connected to my GTX 780 yet and i also had not had my nvidia drivers installed yet because i was scared that the pc would shut off again. So then i had to take out my connector from my nvidia gtx 780 DVI port out and put it to my integrated   motherboard DVI port. It worked then and went back to downloading the drivers and installing it. Nothing happened this time because i probably downloaded the drivers and connected the port to my DVI correctly this time. 

Now while waiting to get a return for the memory i had RMA'd i am trying to figure out these problems. I have still no idea what's going on. I don't feel like RMA'ing my motherboard and PSU. It could also be my drivers conflicting with each other such as audio drivers fighting for whichever to display sound. Now I'm hoping soon if it will be fixed as I will be ordering for 2x8Gb sticks of Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz memory very soon once i get back my returned money. So i was wondering has anyone else had this problem and what have they done to resolve this. Please don't tell me to return the psu and mobo, i mean unless thats the problem.

Also reason why i didn't think my CPU, SSD, nor hardrive were at fault was because i only had my ssd connected when these problems occur. I never used my hard drive. Also my graphic card wasn't connected too because of the problem that i had a aftermarket cooler from noctua nh D14 heatsink

I am also not overclocking my rig at the moment.

Btw it might be the sound drivers because i have a integrated sound chip in my mobo. Sound core3D or something along the lines

Parts:

Case: Corsair 650D 

CPU: Intel core i7 4770k

Mobo: Gigabyte Z87 Ga G1 Sniper m5 mATX mobo

Aftermarket cooler: Noctua NH D14 Heatsink

RAM: G Skill Sniper 1866Mhz 2x8GB DDR3

PSU: Seasonic 850 Watt Fully modular PSU

SSD:Samsung 840 Pro SSD

HDD:Western Digital 1TB hard drive

Graphic card: Galaxy Gtx 780 3gb Video card

Monitor: ASUS MX239

Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 DPI mouse

Keyboard: CM storm quickfire TK cherry mx blue keyboard

Speakers: Creative speakers.

Can anyone suggest any other solutions on what i can do when i purchase my next set of RAM if i still have this problem if it isn't my drivers. I've spent 1 week screwing around with my rig seeing if i left something out but i did not. My CPU is at 35 degrees Celsius. It's detected by my mobo in BIOS as that. All my fans in my case are running. 

I've had this problem before but, I could could never diagnose it. I switched to a new motherboard with a 3570k and I never had the problem again. Hope this helps.

Well i'm going to try again and see if this problem happens again once i get my new set of RAM. If it happens again its obviously not the RAM's fault. Probably the mobo or PSU but then again maybe my drivers are causing some problems. Thanks anyways I'll try to RMA those two if it doesn't work.

Oh. Well, your suggesting me to replace both? Once i get my RAM, I guess I'll try reformatting once again on my SSD -.- and try to recreate it. If its a clean install with no drivers its obviously hardware problem & not a driver problem

my father had the same thing going on..

i tried everything to.. but ended up.

it was one of these two things .i changed these to things and it fixed it (in my case )

1#  i uninstalled the antivirus and changed it to the Microsoft antivirus

2#  went back to a older video card driver..

2b i uninstalled the newer driver and ran driver sweeper. then installed the older, video card driver

in your case.. i think its the video card driver. . but again in your case. i don't think there is a older driver that will work with

the 780.( i read in a few other fourms . users are having trouble with the 700 based card. drivers )

if you have a different  video card .you could put that in and see if the older driver fixes. it..

if it does. then you may have to wait .for a newer driver

3#  if you think it could be a sound driver.. turn off the sound in the bios.. just for a test.

Have you ran anything like Memtest 86+ or the Windows Memory Diagnostic? If not, do it

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

its either you didnt read my long story because im sure i wrote in there i tried memtest and came clean. Also hear that doesnt mean my RAM is okay tho