GA-Z97N

Go to solution Solved by Dicoray,

yes, thats what i mean

If you were going to use ethernet you can use it for a mini ssd as long as your heatsink does not interfere

I plan on using a gigabyte GA-Z97N in a build, does the onboard wifi work good? I want to use the extra mini PCI E slot for a smaller SSD, is that possible? Or realistic?

The onboard wifi has not given my fiance any problems, I do not know what you mean by mini pci-e slot though, there is only one pci e slot which she has her r95x2 in

SYSTEM SPECS

i7 4790k | LTT Edition Noctua NH-U12S | Gigabyte Z97-SOC Force | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3 | 120GB Samsung 850 EVO | 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue | NVIDIA GTX 980ti | H440 Orange | EVGA 650B3 PSU

There is a normal PCI slot and a mini PCI slot for an aditional wifi card that i could put something else in, beacuase it has wifi built in already, right?

There is a normal PCI slot and a mini PCI slot for an aditional wifi card that i could put something else in, beacuase it has wifi built in already, right?

Is this what you are talking about http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4993#ov because it only has one pci e slot

SYSTEM SPECS

i7 4790k | LTT Edition Noctua NH-U12S | Gigabyte Z97-SOC Force | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3 | 120GB Samsung 850 EVO | 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue | NVIDIA GTX 980ti | H440 Orange | EVGA 650B3 PSU

Do you mean the one that the wifi card is already installed in?

SYSTEM SPECS

Do you mean the one that the wifi card is already installed in?

yes, thats what i mean

yes, thats what i mean

If you were going to use ethernet you can use it for a mini ssd as long as your heatsink does not interfere

SYSTEM SPECS