Worth overclocking?

upliftsleet1974

I have a MSI 270x hawk and was thinking about OC'ing it. 

Would it be worth it? 

I do not have a warranty on it as I got it on Ebay used is there any risk to it OC'ing it?

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Rule Number 1: Well cooled case for the GPUs to breath

Other than that your set to go

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly

just make sure your case / gpu doesn't get to hot... other than that read some stuff about ocing gpus and go have fun!

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

Rule Number 1: Well cooled case for the GPUs to breath

Other than that your set to go

My gpu hits 65c at its max. And now its cold in my room and only ever hits 55c.

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

I have a MSI 270x hawk and was thinking about OC'ing it. 

Would it be worth it? 

I do not have a warranty on it as I got it on Ebay used is there any risk to it OC'ing it?

If you don't so stupid things you won't get stupid results, keep the voltage reasonable(increments of .05v) and see how far it'll go. I wouldn't really recommend overclocking really high for 24/7 usage but still worth seeing its potential. 

If you don't so stupid things you won't get stupid results, keep the voltage reasonable(increments of .05v) and see how far it'll go. I wouldn't really recommend overclocking really high for 24/7 usage but still worth seeing its potential. 

Well in that case I may pass. I do a lot of folding and such.

Would it be worth it.. if it is not performing as good as you want it to, then yes, if it is doing fine on the games you are playing now with it, why mess with it?

Runescape player  II  Civ 6 and LoL noob  II  

do a slight overclock (no voltage tweaks) and you will be good for gaming and folding, just make sure its at a reasonable temp (below 80 degrees) and you'll be fine.