Should exchange my single 780 for dual 970?

I have a GTX 780 in my system right now but i want more graphics power because i will upgrade to a triple monitor setup with the dual 970. So i was wondering if the upgrade is worth it?

Ps: I contemplated buying another 780, but my specific model is very hard to find and when i find it is almost the price of the two 970s.

Thank you

I have a GTX 780 in my system right now but i want more graphics power because i will upgrade to a triple monitor setup with the dual 970. So i was wondering if the upgrade is worth it?

Ps: I contemplated buying another 780, but my specific model is very hard to find and when i find it is almost the price of the two 970s.

Thank you

You don't have to SLI with the same exact model, as long as it is a 780 with the same amount of VRAM it will work fine.

I too am curios about this.

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

any 780 should work in sli with the one you already have, but i would much rather have 2 970's

CPU: i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.6 ghz COOLER: Corsair H105 (SP 120mm Quiet Edition Fans) MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 RAM: Kingston Hyper Fury 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 80+ Gold Fully Modular CASE: Fractal Arc Midi R2

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung DVD Burner OS: Win 7 64bit   Please do some research of your own before asking questions. Google and Youtube are your friend.

You don't have to SLI with the same exact model, as long as it is a 780 with the same amount of VRAM it will work fine.

But it is worth it to upgrade to dual 970? it has more vram for my triple monitor setup and MFAA and things like that.