Gaming rig

kimura1243
Go to solution Solved by GangstaRas,

Sorry i'm disturbing you again but it seems like i can't find H50 anywhere in  Bulgaria -_- Is Cooler Master Seidon 120M a good alternative ? Thanks!

Yes its just as good if not slightly better than the H50

Hi guys! So i'm building a new gaming rig:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3

RAM: G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

HDD: Toshiba 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card

PSU: FSP Group Raider S 750

So i have some questions:

1) Can I overclock CPU with this motherboard (around 4.2-4.5GHz) ?

2) Can i add second r9 290 later with this PSU? 

3) Will this CPU bottleneck r9 290 crossfire ? 

Not sure if you're gonna get that high of an overclock on air cooling alone but yes the motherboard's capabilities will make it possible. Yes you will be able to add another 290 down the road and no I dont really expect a bottleneck out of this CPU in crossfire

System: Intel Core i3 3240 @ 3.4GHz, EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB ACX 2.0, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kingston HyperX RAM, ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Motherboard, Corsair CX430 W Power Supply

Not sure if you're gonna get that high of an overclock on air cooling alone but yes the motherboard's capabilities will make it possible. Yes you will be able to add another 290 down the road and no I dont really expect a bottleneck out of this CPU in crossfire

Can you suggest a good water cooler for around 50-60$ ? Thanks!

Edit:  So i actually found this one - DEEPCOOL MAELSTROM 120K its kinda cheap but is it good for overclocking or should i invest a little bit more money ? 

yes overclock

yes you can add R9 290 but i don't recommend it

no the CPU have enough power to kick ass and keep kicking ass

Manners Maketh Man

yes overclock

yes you can add R9 290 but i don't recommend it

no the CPU have enough power to kick ass and keep kicking ass

You're saying that one R9 290 is enough or you don't recommend it at all ? 

Can you suggest a good water cooler for around 50-60$ ? Thanks!

Edit:  So i actually found this one - DEEPCOOL MAELSTROM 120K its kinda cheap but is it good for overclocking or should i invest a little bit more money ? 

yeah definitely but when I viewed a benchmark of the 120k and I saw it losing to some air coolers. So I'd suggest prolly the Corsair H50 instead, its around the same price tag

System: Intel Core i3 3240 @ 3.4GHz, EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB ACX 2.0, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kingston HyperX RAM, ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Motherboard, Corsair CX430 W Power Supply

yeah definitely but when I viewed a benchmark of the 120k and I saw it losing to some air coolers. So I'd suggest prolly the Corsair H50 instead, its around the same price tag

Sorry i'm disturbing you again but it seems like i can't find H50 anywhere in  Bulgaria -_- Is Cooler Master Seidon 120M a good alternative ? Thanks!

Yes its just as good if not slightly better than the H50