Sennheiser Game Zero or Astro A40 + Mixamp pro (2015 edition)

So.. Christmas is around corner and I am looking for a new headset. For 1 year I have this Genius shitty headset which are almost broken (the plastic pieces on the side which hold the cups are broken..only thing that is holding the cup is  the cable....I ducktaped it so it holds somehow).

I recently built a gaming pc and now I am looking for new headset.

For sound card I am using on-board audio from Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5.....The question is: Can this on-board sound card handle Sennheiser Game Zero and "unlock its full potential"?  If it can't I am probably going to buy Astro A40's..

I know this post doesn't make much sense, but please, help me choose :)

Tell me your opinions and your experiences with these headsets or with headsets in that rang (price point).

Thank you :)  (hope you can understand)

the astros sound like most gaming headset, they sound good inn games and have a metric butt ton of bass, but in music they suck ballssssss.

the sennheiser are good, very good in both games and music but that silly giant boom mic i dont really like (IMO)

what you can do as a third option is what tek syndicate did, that is take headphones and stick a modmic on there, here is the link to the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dj5G0isn9Y&list=UUNovoA9w0KnxyDP5bGrOYzg

the best headphones to do this IMO are the Sennheiser HD 558, i have those but not with a modmic cuz they where out of stock, i just got a blue snowball.

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

the astros sound like most gaming headset, they sound good inn games and have a metric butt ton of bass, but in music they suck ballssssss.

the sennheiser are good, very good in both games and music but that silly giant boom mic i dont really like (IMO)

what you can do as a third option is what tek syndicate did, that is take headphones and stick a modmic on there, here is the link to the video

the best headphones to do this IMO are the Sennheiser HD 558, i have those but not with a modmic cuz they where out of stock, i just got a blue snowball.

Can my on-board audio "unlock its full potential"? (of Sennheiser Game Zero) ?

Can my on-board audio "unlock its full potential"? (of Sennheiser Game Zero) ?

sure, they have a built in amp and premium audio

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace