Future Shop?!?!

greener

When did Futureshop get serious about selling enthusiast level computer parts? and at competitive prices too  :huh:. There's like a 3570k for $199 and a Corsair ax860 for $170. That's cheaper than NCIX . They don't really have nearly as large an inventory but still... It definitely took me by surprise.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/pc-gaming-sale.aspx?icmp=homepage_20130607_pc_gaming_sale_en

Well I guess they realize that now general consumers buy tablets, phablets, phones, and consoles. So to sell PCs, they gotta now cater to the gamer audience. Nowadays no one needs more than a quad core from 2010 to run anything from chrome to word to watching hd videos. So PC sales have gone down. 

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Well I guess they realize that now general consumers buy tablets, phablets, phones, and consoles. So to sell PCs, they gotta now cater to the gamer audience. Nowadays no one needs more than a quad core from 2010 to run anything from chrome to word to watching hd videos. So PC sales have gone down. 

I think it's more the fact that they can make quite a profit from barebones components, not that they want to make it popular.

I think it's more the fact that they can make quite a profit from barebones components, not that they want to make it popular.

except that now they are selling to people that know a bit about computing, so they cannot overprice like they did with prebuilt systems. Its a lot harder to rip off a pc enthusiastic on pc hardware then it is to rip off a console player that believes the myth that you need a 1000-2000 buck pc to game on but they still decided to buy a pc,

except that now they are selling to people that know a bit about computing, so they cannot overprice like they did with prebuilt systems. Its a lot harder to rip off a pc enthusiastic on pc hardware then it is to rip off a console player that believes the myth that you need a 1000-2000 buck pc to game on but they still decided to buy a pc,

They're still earning quite a bit even at that price.