Noob Hard Drive Setup Questions

I have four hard drives an they are as follows:

1. 1 tb wd black drive

2. 512 gb mx100

3. 500 gb toshiba 2.5 inch laptop drive

4. 250gb hitachi 2.5 inch laptop drive

The 512 gb has a 30 gb partition for windows and I want to use the rest for games, applications, and creative cloud cc. I want to use the 1 tb drive for some of the apps that wouldn't really benefit from a ssd and the other two for whatever (i pulled them out of some dead laptops we had and thought i might was well use them). I just need to know how to make the non windows partition of my ssd my main drive where my apps install. I wound just manually select were my apps install but unfortunately creative cloud wont let me :'(

Also I would like to know if I can and by extension how to raid the 500 gb and the 250 gb hard drives. Thanks :)

You can't raid different-sized drives without some software that linus talked about.

You can't raid different-sized drives without some software that linus talked about.

I didnt think you could but I thought i might as well ask...

You can put the 250GB and 500GB in raid if you want to. Raid0 will give you 500GB of usable space. Raid1 will give you 250GB. In either case you will still have 250GB of space left on the 500GB disk that you can use for something else.

If you just want to add the capacities together you can put them in JBOD but you won't get any performance or redundancy benefits of raid.

I'm pretty sure most software raid including the one built into Windows supports all of this. Not sure about motherboard raid.

You can put the 250GB and 500GB in raid if you want to. Raid0 will give you 500GB of usable space. Raid1 will give you 250GB. In either case you will still have 250GB of space left on the 500GB disk that you can use for something else.

If you just want to add the capacities together you can put them in JBOD but you won't get any performance or redundancy benefits of raid.

I'm pretty sure most software raid including the one built into Windows supports all of this. Not sure about motherboard raid.

Would you mind answering my other question if you can?