I might have bricked my LG G2

lukezon

I have tried everything I can find on the topic.

I was trying to install cyanogenmod on my Verizon LG G2 when it suddenly shut off and got stuck in fastboot mode.

I got into the factory reset options on my phone and started a reset, it has been about 10 minutes and it is still "Factory reset processing."

Is my phone bricked for good?  How long should this factory reset be taking?

I haven't thought of a good signature yet.

Hi!

Your phone must be turned off before starting the steps from this guide.

So, press power button and select “power off”.

Then, press the volume up button on your LG G2.

While you are holding the volume up button, plug in your phone’s USB cable.

Keep pressing the Volume up button until the download mode is being displayed.

Now the phone will install some drivers – it should take around 10 minutes to complete; the best will be to let your device install the mentioned drivers.

Also, when updating your LG G2 by using download mode, don’t unplug the USB cable while the flashing process is running as you can end up in damaging or even in bricking your LG G2.

Now, you can return to Android OS by pressing the power button; keep pressing power button until the LG logo appears – then you can safely unplug the USB cord.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Could take up to an half our, I've had that happen with my G2. Just wait it out for now.

ok thanks Ill wait 30min and give an update then.

If all else fails. Get a better phone. Not an lg. their software......aenfoaerhnfoiuanefagraergaergargasdfasdsfadsfasdf

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Hi!

Now the phone will install some drivers – it should take around 10 minutes to complete; the best will be to let your device install the mentioned drivers.

Also, when updating your LG G2 by using download mode, don’t unplug the USB cable while the flashing process is running as you can end up in damaging or even in bricking your LG G2.

Now, you can return to Android OS by pressing the power button; keep pressing power button until the LG logo appears – then you can safely unplug the USB cord.

Thanks for the idea, I've tried this and it quickly flips to download mode and then back to fastboot.  Any ideas?

If all else fails. Get a better phone. Not an lg. their software......aenfoaerhnfoiuanefagraergaergargasdfasdsfadsfasdf

:D lol.  I was planing on getting one plus or htc m8 when my contract is over

:D lol.  I was planing on getting one plus or htc m8 when my contract is over

Dude. One plus one is on sale without invite. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Could take up to an half our, I've had that happen with my G2. Just wait it out for now.

Still going with the reset...

Hi!

I got it into download mode but it isnt doing any driver installs

I got it into download mode but it isnt doing any driver installs

you need a program from there called lgmobile support tool.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/