which is better

hey yall im looking at getting into watercooling but i havent done that yet but i have been limited buy my case (currently the Antec Eleven Hundred). the cpu coolers im looking at getting is either the Corsair H80i oor the XSPC Rasa 450 EX 120 Water Cooling Kit. i do pan on building up a system when i get my new case (TJ07 thanks to linus) but i am in need of a new cpu cooler but im stuck on which one i should go or its either the Noctua NH-D14

P.S @Ghost before you say anything if i did get the rasa i would be upgrading the pump i just dont want to spend all my money on 1 thing(yes i know it will last a while but im a little strapped for cash and its kind of urgent

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

not to be blunt, but if you are using this as a temporary solution, i'd use the D14 or like

coolers. the air-coolers are quieter than the H80 with same cooling performance. to

get the H80 to quiet standards, you'll dump some fans to it and loose some cooling

performance, but gain quietness and have more in it than the air-cooler.

if you budget is low on funds, then wait and save.. buying piece-meal or lower-end

items makes the build more expensive and costly in the long run do to re-buying items

to replace low-performing or questionable parts.

build it like a keeper. if you don't you will rue the day you started it in the first place.

airdeano

well the current case i have only has 120mm mounting holes and not enough for a 240mm rad but i was going to get a second rad with it to make it quieter as well with nf-f12 as i already have said fans

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

it'd prolly be best to make temporary use for the 1100 and buy/save for the TJ case.

radiator support is vastly different between cases so the single 120 would be a waste

because it won't be used in the TJ. but the D14 can be used in both.

airdeano

well once i get my TJ the 1100 will be used as a server/nas/htpc so it will still be used as i wont need the great cooling power i will in the TJ

Spoiler

P.S @Ghost before you say anything if i did get the rasa i would be upgrading the pump i just dont want to spend all my money on 1 thing(yes i know it will last a while but im a little strapped for cash and its kind of urgent

Airdeano said it all. Get a high end air cooler and you will be fine.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.