Black Screen

Sharas

Hello sometimes my pc screen just turns black and you only hear sounds e.g(Watching youtube you still hear a sound but monitor shows black) and when you restart it works fine again. This bug comes randomly. Thanks for help.

What Video Card, Drivers, OS? What do you use to connect it? Did you try a different cable? 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

What Video Card, Drivers, OS? What do you use to connect it? Did you try a different cable? 

I have r7 260x , windows 7 , I have vga cable . 

I have r7 260x , windows 7 , I have vga cable . 

any reason why you are using VGA? Is the powerplug plugged into your Card? Did you try a different cable?

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I have a R7 260X, and I also used to get black screens. Normally though, it would pop back on if I left it a while and tell me my GPU had crashed. See if it does this for you, don't restart the computer, leave it for a while. If it doesn't come back on in 20 minutes (it should really be less than five, but I like to give hardware the benefit of the doubt at times), then restart.

Haven't had one since upgrading my APU, but that was a different issue altogether.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

I have a R7 260X, and I also used to get black screens. Normally though, it would pop back on if I left it a while and tell me my GPU had crashed. See if it does this for you, don't restart the computer, leave it for a while. If it doesn't come back on in 20 minutes (it should really be less than five, but I like to give hardware the benefit of the doubt at times), then restart.

Haven't had one since upgrading my APU, but that was a different issue altogether.

What is APU . Doest it costs a lot?

A APU is a AMD CPU with a integrated GPU. 

Intel calls it iGPU,.....

APU stands for Accelerated Processing Unit,It basically is a CPU with integrated GPU.I think your situation might caused by AMD's driver,I have a R7-260X on another PC and having same problem...since the drive updated...

APU stands for Accelerated Processing Unit,It basically is a CPU with integrated GPU.I think your situation might caused by AMD's driver,I have a R7-260X on another PC and having same problem...since the drive updated...

Well I cant afford a new CPU cause just bought this new one . :D

Well I cant afford a new CPU cause just bought this new one . :D

It's very hard to find a faulty CPU these days,If you have the latest AMD graphics card driver,perhaps you can try to use old driver to see if screen blackout still remain.