should i upgrade? (Help)

my build logs; Amd fx 6300, amd r9 270x 2gb, 8gb 1600mhz, 750w power supply.

i have $300 to spend to upgrade my current pc, isit worth upgrading to a intel i5 4th gen + new motherboard or upgrade my graphics card to a nvidia 970 4gb? + 4gb ram so i have 12gb or is this a waste of money? please help. i use this pc mostly for gaming and slight editing.

if you run 1080p 60hz monitor and actually get 60fps in the games you play I would say no. i would say no not worth upgrading as the r9 270x is good for 1080p 60fps gaming. I would wait for the cards to come after the 900 series. I'm also thinking of upgrading from r9 280x crossfire but I'm running 1440p@96Hz

my build logs; Amd fx 6300, amd r9 270x 2gb, 8gb 1600mhz, 750w power supply.

i have $300 to spend to upgrade my current pc, isit worth upgrading to a intel i5 4th gen + new motherboard or upgrade my graphics card to a nvidia 970 4gb? + 4gb ram so i have 12gb or is this a waste of money? please help. i use this pc mostly for gaming and slight editing.

first of all 750w psu is really a lot for r9 270x

also consider ugrading your cpu because fx6300 is not really good for gaming...

after that you should think upgrading your gpu... but for now it's ok.. the performance between fx6300 and intel i5 4590 (best choice value for money) is really big

I'd suggest saving that money. Intel will (supposedly) lauch new CPUs in early 2015. They MIGHT be worth it despite being brand new, much like the gtx 970 is right now. Or, if they aren't good enough, it MIGHT also make the prices for the "old" stuff drop. At worst, your money will be going up inside the bank. Same for MOBO. It has to pair with the cpu you want.

I also expect AMD to be releasing new stuff soon, both in GPU and CPU department. If you are ok with waiting for Intel, waiting for AMD as well is a bonus.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!