990fxa ud3 memory issue?

trentklein

Wondering if anyone can tell me why when I try to set a XMP profile for my ram my PC will try booting twice before booting into windows with my CPU oc'd and at stock speeds? My cpu is a fx6350 and the ram I'm trying to configure is a g.skill sniper 2133 2x4 8gb kit

by booting twice do you mean the pc seems to post twice before posting fully?

my ud3 did that too. i don't think it's anything wrong. i remember reading something about loading the correct settings for ram and cpu etc before posting.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

by booting twice do you mean the pc seems to post twice before posting fully?

my ud3 did that too. i don't think it's anything wrong. i remember reading something about loading the correct settings for ram and cpu etc before posting.

Yeah, the pc will turn on for a second then off again before it'll fully boot to windows. What are the settings? I think I tried everything I could think of. :(

Yeah, the pc will turn on for a second then off again before it'll fully boot to windows. What are the settings? I think I tried everything I could think of. :(

i don't have that mobo anymore, but i remember that the turning on and off is to check the voltage/speeds of the ram/cpu if i'm not wrong. 

it does that to prevent harming the components if the bios settings are wrong.

i don't think you need to worry about the turning on and off thing.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

i don't have that mobo anymore, but i remember that the turning on and off is to check the voltage/speeds of the ram/cpu if i'm not wrong.

it does that to prevent harming the components if the bios settings are wrong.

i don't think you need to worry about the turning on and off thing.

Okay so having to turn the PC on twice is okay?

Okay so having to turn the PC on twice is okay?

yes. the particular board has that as a feature.

if it posts properly after the 2nd shut off it should be fine.

yes. the particular board has that as a feature.

if it posts properly after the 2nd shut off it should be fine.

Haha thanks! It just scared me so I thought I'd look into it :P