Switching OS's

Slayher

Okay, I'm switching OS's from Windows, and dual-booting OS X on my PC.

This is my PC build incase you wanna see: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/24458-project-monster-gamingrendering-pc-gtx-660ti-i5-3570k-new-060713-pictures/

I just wanna learn how to dual-boot 2 different OS's on 2 different hard drives.

500GB Hard Drive: Windows 8

2nd 500GB Hard Drive: OS X

How would I go about putting OS X on my second hard drive and setting up dual-booting? Help! :)
Thanks in advance!

Answer: Nobody can tell you because nobody knows.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Answer: Nobody can tell you because nobody knows.

Okay? It should be a similar process to installing OS X? In another words, how would I dual-boot Windows and OS X on 2 separate hard drives.

Okay? It should be a similar process to installing OS X? In another words, how would I dual-boot Windows and OS X on 2 separate hard drives.

There is no definite answer, but you have to have the proper parts to do a hackintosh in the first place, well, install OS X on one drive while the other is unplugged, then boot up, get bootcamp, install windows on second hard drive (there should be an option, haven't used boot camp before) and boom, dual boot windows and osx.  Or if you mean to have them on two seperate hard drives and not dual boot, then just install OS X on one and Windows on the other.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

I don't think ASRock motherboards are compatible with hackintoshes. With hackintoshes, the main component you have to worry about is the motherboard. Gigabyte has the best compatibility, and I am running the Gigabyte Z77-UD5h, which has worked perfectly for the past year. Also, I am not sure about Maverick's compatibility with the GTX 780, as Macs have not yet implemented the new generation of graphics cards. The i5 3570k and GTX 660ti are definitely compatible. If you really want to build a hackintosh, I would suggest following this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/351-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-may-2013.html

Also, dual booting on two hard drives is not true dual booting, but you will just select your boot hard drive from the BIOS. On Gigabyte boards, you just press f12, and you have your choice of boot devices.