3570k Won't Overclock

bacosta1993
Go to solution Solved by bacosta1993,

Okay I got it working now. What I did was reset the settings to default on the simple bios and then switched to the advanced settings to overclock. I have no idea why resetting to default on the advance portion of the bios had no affect on any settings but i got my 3570k overclocked now.  

It stays stuck at 3.8ghz.

Asus p8z77-v Pro motherboard

I had it overclocked to 4.4ghz and decided to lower the frequency to 4ghz because i did not like the temps but now it is stuck at 3.8ghz and the only thing that changes is the voltage.

Any help is appreciated.  

I'm going through the same thing with my board. Personally, I'm just replacing it, but you can try re-writing the BIOS, but the issue may end up coming back later.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I'm going through the same thing with my board. Personally, I'm just replacing it, but you can try re-writing the BIOS, but the issue may end up coming back later.

Damn :(

The reason i went with Asus was for peace of mind. Now I am stuck with an unlocked processor at stock speeds. Hopefully someone can figure something out. 

what did you change when you changed the oveclock down to 4,0?

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 (Corsair H60 with a Noctua NF-F12 Fan) - Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3 (rev. 1.4) - RAM:  4 GB kingston, and 8 GB kingston hyperx blu @ 1333 MHz - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660ti OC edition SSD: 256 GB Plextor MP5-Pro - Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DGX - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363d - Case: Cooler Master elite 430 black -  Cooled by 2 Noctua NF-S12A Fans      Peripherals:ACER B243PWLAymdr IPS Panel - 1920*1200 - ACER S222HQL LCD Panel - 1920*1080 - Corsair M45 on a XFX Warpad - Typing on a Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Brown - Green LED - Racing with my Logitech G27 Racing wheel - other games Logitech F710

what did you change when you changed the oveclock down to 4,0?

I changed the voltage down to 1.2. I have tried increasing the voltage and decreasing but i am still stuck at 3.8ghz

Can you change the Multiplier?

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

I changed the voltage down to 1.2. I have tried increasing the voltage and decreasing but i am still stuck at 3.8ghz

I'm stuck at 4.2GHz. Even though my BIOS will technically say 4400MHz, but CPU-Z and CoreTemp will say 4.2GHz.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Can you change the Multiplier?

I tried changing it to 34 which is stock but it stays at 38

I'm stuck at 4.2GHz. Even though my BIOS will technically say 4400MHz, but CPU-Z and CoreTemp will say 4.2GHz.

I am using the same programs. Could it be a problem with cpu-z ? or is it the motherboard ? 

Okay I got it working now. What I did was reset the settings to default on the simple bios and then switched to the advanced settings to overclock. I have no idea why resetting to default on the advance portion of the bios had no affect on any settings but i got my 3570k overclocked now.