Bulk Emails.

Jev96

Hey guys, another boring office related post. I have my own business and with it I have a set of clients I 'look after' and I want to be able to send them bulk emails so that they know they're being 'looked after'. Anyway that's going into the concept of the business which isn't important, but I don't want any of these bulk emails to end up in the clients spam folders, and I don't know how I can have a list of contacts, write an email and just tick them all and send straight away without having to type their email address in all the time, I use Outlook but I guess this could be done from any email webpage or software.

Kinda boring and I wish it was more about pcs but I need help on this one.

thanks guys.

gmail does an amazing job, idk why you're using using outlook. but if you want another thirdparty software try mozilla thunderbird, never tried it thought. Just use gmail and maybe ask your customers to add your email on their contacts list  :)

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Hey guys, another boring office related post. I have my own business and with it I have a set of clients I 'look after' and I want to be able to send them bulk emails so that they know they're being 'looked after'. Anyway that's going into the concept of the business which isn't important, but I don't want any of these bulk emails to end up in the clients spam folders, and I don't know how I can have a list of contacts, write an email and just tick them all and send straight away without having to type their email address in all the time, I use Outlook but I guess this could be done from any email webpage or software.

Kinda boring and I wish it was more about pcs but I need help on this one.

thanks guys.

So, let me get this straight, you're wanting to send one email to multple clients at once and you want to do this on a regular basis without having to retype their emails in each time, yeah?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

So, let me get this straight, you're wanting to send one email to multple clients at once and you want to do this on a regular basis without having to retype their emails in each time, yeah?

That is correct

And without ending up in spam email folders. (from OP)

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

And without ending up in spam email folders. (from OP)

Ah yes, that too. ;)

That is correct

Sorry, can't help ya! :(

Just joking :P. Alright, well I do remember doing something similar to what you're asking but it was in MS Word. I don't think that I've ever done it in an email application. That is certainly tricky. Gonna have to put my thinking cap on for this one. It's gonna take awhile.

Sorry, can't help ya! :(

Just joking :P. Alright, well I do remember doing something similar to what you're asking but it was in MS Word. I don't think that I've ever done it in an email application. That is certainly tricky. Gonna have to put my thinking cap on for this one. It's gonna take awhile.

Think I might have found a solution in outlook for it, something to do with merging mail or something but yeah i'll let you guys know.

@Jev96, how many recipients are we talking about and how frequently will you be sending the emails? Further, will the list of recipients be different each time or always the same?

There are different types of bulk email and there are different benefits and drawbacks to each. You have simple solutions such as creating contact groups within your email client coupled with message templates, there is campaign software used by large companies to send out regular advertising/updates/newsletters and track effectiveness, there newsletter mailing list solutions which you see in the form of "sign up for our newsletter," and there are group discussion mailing list solutions which have fallen out of fashion for the most part. 

You also need to be aware of certain legal requirements applicable both where the messages are being sent from and being received. For example, the requirement for a functional "unsubscribe" link in bulk unsolicited email, the requirement that recipients if Canadian must opt-in to the e-mails before you can send them, and so on.

If you can provide more details on the specifics of what you'll be sending, to whom, and in what quantity it will be easier to assist you. The description in your OP makes me think you just want people who have emailed you to get a message letting them know they're being looked after which in my mind would be better accomplished with an auto-reply system; ie,

- Client emails you at help@your-company.com

- An automated email is returned with a generic "Your message has been received and will be reviewed...."

but I may be misreading your requirements.

@Jev96, how many recipients are we talking about and how frequently will you be sending the emails? Further, will the list of recipients be different each time or always the same?

There are different types of bulk email and there are different benefits and drawbacks to each. You have simple solutions such as creating contact groups within your email client coupled with message templates, there is campaign software used by large companies to send out regular advertising/updates/newsletters and track effectiveness, there newsletter mailing list solutions which you see in the form of "sign up for our newsletter," and there are group discussion mailing list solutions which have fallen out of fashion for the most part. 

You also need to be aware of certain legal requirements applicable both where the messages are being sent from and being received. For example, the requirement for a functional "unsubscribe" link in bulk unsolicited email, the requirement that recipients if Canadian must opt-in to the e-mails before you can send them, and so on.

If you can provide more details on the specifics of what you'll be sending, to whom, and in what quantity it will be easier to assist you. The description in your OP makes me think you just want people who have emailed you to get a message letting them know they're being looked after which in my mind would be better accomplished with an auto-reply system; ie,

- Client emails you at help@your-company.com

- An automated email is returned with a generic "Your message has been received and will be reviewed...."

but I may be misreading your requirements.

Yeah, the clients will always be the same with it being added all the time, I want to be able to send possibly monthly newsletters to the clients for them to be able to know what's going on, and possible some other occasions as well, if I feel as though the clients need to know something that has changed for example. I live in the UK so hopefully I won't be breaking any laws, they have given us their email to contact them by anyway so I wouldn't imagine that anyone would be displeased if they received an email from us.

Yeah, the clients will always be the same with it being added all the time, I want to be able to send possibly monthly newsletters to the clients for them to be able to know what's going on, and possible some other occasions as well, if I feel as though the clients need to know something that has changed for example. I live in the UK so hopefully I won't be breaking any laws, they have given us their email to contact them by anyway so I wouldn't imagine that anyone would be displeased if they received an email from us.

Personally I would just use am existing solution like http://mailchimp.com/ which is free up to 2,000 subscribers. It has everything you need... sign-up forms you can put on your website, recipient management, templates, scheduled emails, and it handles all the technical stuff like allowing people to unsubscribe for you. 

There are others as well if you Google "email newsletter software" or "email newsletter service".

While whitelabel products exist that you can host yourself they're really designed for enterprises which employ a postmaster who can monitor things and deal with situations where you end up on a blacklist for example. 

Thanks a lot guys for the quick responses, there isn't much on google so it's nice to talk to real people sometimes.

Appreciate it guys.