Bitdefender + Malwarebytes Pro

Alir

Several people recommended bitdefender and Malwarebytes Pro on here.

But Bitdefender free always crashes on my PC. Is there any way to get around the terrible terrible bug/problem/clash?

Up until this point I have believed malwarebytes never clashed with any antivirus software.

From my understanding malwarebytes free does not clash - however amazon has cheap life time licenses I wana get a hold on.

If there isn't a way to get around crappy Bitdefender(yeah I wana get you fans riled up), is there another AV software just as good? Probably a software not as well known as Avast or Norton?

Eset NOD is good, it has a lot of advanced customization options if you're into that, it's one of the best at upgrading the DB, detecting and removing malicious software(viruses etc) . The UI is organized and easy to use. For me if I have to buy an AV I go for Eset. But that is just me. I actually use AVG Free and Malwarebytes Free  now because it's free and I don't really get viruses at all (still good to have an AV and AM programs). I suggest you pick a good free AV and also install free version of Malwarebytes and if you don't do really stupid things you ll be fine.

If there is a brand new virus out there there wont be an AV or AM software that can help you anyway because the AV/AM companies must first find a solution/cure for it and than update the database and than you update your AV and only than it can protect you. Sooo...what we learned from this?  AV and AM only protect you from malware and viruses etc that are already known.

p.s: if you dont already know AV-antivirus, AM-antimalware.

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

Eset NOD is good, it has a lot of advanced customization options if you're into that, it's one of the best at upgrading the DB, detecting and removing malicious software(viruses etc) . The UI is organized and easy to use. For me if I have to buy an AV I go for Eset. But that is just me. I actually use AVG Free and Malwarebytes Free  now because it's free and I don't really get viruses at all (still good to have an AV and AM programs). I suggest you pick a good free AV and also install free version of Malwarebytes and if you don't do really stupid things you ll be fine.

If there is a brand new virus out there there wont be an AV or AM software that can help you anyway because the AV/AM companies must first find a solution/cure for it and than update the database and than you update your AV and only than it can protect you. Sooo...what we learned from this?  AV and AM only protect you from malware and viruses etc that are already known.

p.s: if you dont already know AV-antivirus, AM-antimalware.

Not necessarily. Many AV and AM software, particularly Malwarebytes adopt Heuristics detection, where an unknown possible virus is tested in a virtual environment to see if it sabotages the system in any way.

There are many methods but AV and AM don't just protect you from known viruses and malware.

Thanks for the help though.

So which would you say is the best, irrelevant of whether they're free or paid?

I will for now, be using ZoneAlarm as my firewall, and malwarebytes for AM. So I'm specifically talking about ease of use, and virus detection.

Are any of those you've mentioned known for often missing malicious software?

I'm pretty serious with AV and AM software - encrypting to protect yourself would be worthless without a solid software - so anyone thinking of saying you don't need one... just stahp.

Edited by Alir

*So which would you say is the best, irrelevant of whether they're free or paid?

As I said before Eset is great in all aspects( user friendly, advanced options, prompt DB updating...). I had it for 3 years but I found I dont really need any more. Maybe someday :). As for others I can't really recommend much because I havent used any other paid AV, but you have a lot of reviews and statistics online that you can look up and choose the right one(Kaspersky, TrendMicro(a bit slow but lots of features)....those are quite good). As for free ones the best bet (as far as I'm concerned) is AVG, Avast   (though check with other members here too). As for antimalware you really can't go wrong with Malwarebytes. It has always worked for me perfectly(free version). Though if you need the extra functions from pro version I don't see why not go for it, it is a great program.

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850