Unable to Boot CryEngine 3

InfinateX

I just installed CryEngine 3 again (as I had to reformat my pc a while back) but I can't boot the editor. I recieve this error upon booting;
ceerror_zps0e44c472.png
My guess is that I'm missing a required driver/program, but I have no clue what I need (if that's the issue).

I searched but wasn't able to find anything about this error. Anybody able to help?

I already posted on CryDev forum, but I'm sure I'll get a response here quicker.

Sarah Jessica Parker

that dll is shared library that comes with visual studio 2010 

i currently dont have vs2010 installed but i found the dll here  place it in system32

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

that dll is shared library that comes with visual studio 2010 

i currently dont have vs2010 installed but i found the dll here  place it in system32

That can't be right. I've never had Visual Studio, but I've had CE3 installed before. Unless they added something that requires it in a new update, I don't see how this makes sense. Could it be from something else?

EDIT: Just checked CryDev, and one of the staff members said that the file should have been included in my download.

Sarah Jessica Parker

Perhaps reinstall CE3, if the problem is still there then i would redownload the program and making sure nothing would stop the download. When finished and everything is installed, run the correct bit such as 64bit editor or the 32bit editor.

Just a suggestion if you haven't done it.

Da Rig : Mobo: Asus M5A97-r2.0 | Cpu: FX-8320 (4.1ghz) Stock cooler | Gpu: Sapphire R9 290 | RAM: 16GB Patriot Intel Extreme (1600mhz...for now >:]) | PSU: Antec 620w continuous | SSD: Corsair Force 60gb (boot) | HDD: WD 500GB 7200rpm  WD Blue 1TB | OS: WIndows 7 Ultimate 64-bit |

if you need to, try using this software to replace the missing DLL file.

http://www.dll-files.com/

"Build you're dreams, or someone will hire you to build theirs"

Lane Hill

Got an answer over at CryDev. Turns out, as I expected, I didn't have some of the required software/drivers/what ever to run it. This topic can be closed now.

Sarah Jessica Parker