I accidentally undervolted to 800mv...

Simon Brezhnev

I was playing around in afterburner and I accidentally set my GPU core voltage to 800mv and applied the settings. For a moment everything was fine, then I clicked on another tab in afterburner and my screen turned red and the system hanged. Upon reboot, I got to the window user screen. After logging in however, my screen turns blue and my system hangs (Not a BSOD). After post my motherboard informs me that a Hyper Transport Sync Flood Error Occurred.

I can't get into windows without disabling my HD 6950 in device manager. I've tried to fix it to no avail (uninstalled afterburner and drivers, reinstalled drivers). Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can solve this issue?

while I do some quick reading into this, is there a way to reset the gpu (reset button or dual bios switch)

I'm not familiar with such occurrences myself so someone else will have to fill me in here, but is it possible that this may have caused some damage to the card?

The card should have dual bios switch somewhere.
I don't think mine does. It's the XFX HD-695X-ZNFC.

Have you tried using booting into safe mode and then reset the volts?

AMD Phenom II 955BE 4GHz@1.4v

Corsair H100 w/ Silverstone AP122

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 NB@2600MHz

G.Skill 2x4GB 7-7-7-21

XFX HD5870 Crossfire

128GB OCZ Vertex 4

2TB WD Green Raid 0

Corsair AX850

Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced

Have you tried using booting into safe mode and then reset the volts?
Yes, all the afterburner settings were greyed out and inaccessible in safe mode.

King Nothing is right,although if you boot into safe mode the driver won't load, you might not be able to open afterburner,so simply uninstall afterburner if this happens.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

The card should have dual bios switch somewhere.
It does, near the crossfire connectors.

King Nothing is right,although if you boot into safe mode the driver won't load, you might not be able to open afterburner,so simply uninstall afterburner if this happens.
I've uninstalled afterburner and CCC and everything driver or video related. The next boot after windows auto-installs the display drivers results in a hang.

try taking the graphics card out and putting it into a different pcie slot.
Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

The last post screwed up and there was meant to be a photo.
I opened up my case and there is no dual bios switch. The traces are all there but the soldering points where the switch is supposed to go is empty.

I only have one pci-e slot.

How odd, could please take a photo of the crossfire connector area?

XFX cards have this blanked out bios switch on some card.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

To add to this, I'm pretty sure many manufacturers took out that option with the later batches of HD6950's, because people were flashing it to a HD6970. As silly as it is, the card probably doesn't have a dual-bios switch.